PDA

View Full Version : Newb here!

mike00xj
09-25-2017, 07:28 PM
New to the forum, not completely new to xjs. Always wanting to learn more that's why I joined! 2000 xj RC 3 inch lift RC control arms 31in Achilles desert hawks. Much much more to come.

Anyone else from New York? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170926/308013549a95da71bd2aee2aba21826d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
09-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Welcome Mike

drakan1908
09-26-2017, 05:40 AM
Welcome Mike

Sent from a van down by the river

XJ Wheeler
09-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Welcome to xjtalk! Great start by the looks of it. Not sure those shackle mounts will hold though! ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

denverd1
09-28-2017, 11:03 PM
howdy! we love XJs. sounds like you're on your way. whats in the plans for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mike00xj
09-29-2017, 06:54 AM
howdy! we love XJs. sounds like you're on your way. whats in the plans for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TapatalkRight now nothing major due to it being my daily also, over the winter I'm gonna start "bulletproofing" it (unibody stiffener, cut the rusty rockers and replace with the sturdy square tubing. Rebuild the front steering components and re insulate and carpet the interior the previous owner took out. Come spring I'd like to find another car to drive and Dana 44 or 8.8 the rear end. Possibly 6inch long arm. Build some bumpers and regear, just a semi decent off roader atleast haha

bluedragon436
10-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Right now nothing major due to it being my daily also, over the winter I'm gonna start "bulletproofing" it (unibody stiffener, cut the rusty rockers and replace with the sturdy square tubing. Rebuild the front steering components and re insulate and carpet the interior the previous owner took out. Come spring I'd like to find another car to drive and Dana 44 or 8.8 the rear end. Possibly 6inch long arm. Build some bumpers and regear, just a semi decent off roader atleast haha

Looks like you are definitely starting off with a nice base to build on.. and sounds like your future plans are going to make it an even better and more fun ride.. I run a 6.5" long arm on my 97 and 33's and love it.. Pretty fun to drive every day and even more fun when able to get it off the hard top... As far as the rear axles, I'd say find out if you have the 8.25 rear, and if so, unless it is completely worn out or you just have a hookup on a D44 or 8.8.. I'd stick with the 8.25..

denverd1
10-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Right now nothing major due to it being my daily also, over the winter I'm gonna start "bulletproofing" it (unibody stiffener, cut the rusty rockers and replace with the sturdy square tubing. Rebuild the front steering components and re insulate and carpet the interior the previous owner took out. Come spring I'd like to find another car to drive and Dana 44 or 8.8 the rear end. Possibly 6inch long arm. Build some bumpers and regear, just a semi decent off roader atleast haha

smart to stiffen thing up before you hit trails. I'm pretty sure I'll find some crack/bends in my unibody when I put stiffeners on in a few weeks, been pretty hard on it. front stiffeners been on for about 2 years so maybe thats kept everything in place up front. go ahead and get that stuff done first so you have something build off of for crossmembers and control arm bracketry