PDA

View Full Version : Hello Jeep community.

limboalien
08-24-2017, 11:14 PM
I own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD, 4.0, straight 6. I had aN ac bypass pulley installed a few years bACK. Should there be a little wiggle play when hold a wiggle the pulley wheel or should it be solid like the rest? The bearing looks fine I read somewhere that there is supposed to be a spacer that comes with the pulley hardware that is needed . There doesn't seem to be one and it wiggles pretty good. Thanks for any info on these bypass pulleys.

denverd1
08-25-2017, 10:53 AM
I own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD, 4.0, straight 6. I had aN ac bypass pulley installed a few years bACK. Should there be a little wiggle play when hold a wiggle the pulley wheel or should it be solid like the rest? The bearing looks fine I read somewhere that there is supposed to be a spacer that comes with the pulley hardware that is needed . There doesn't seem to be one and it wiggles pretty good. Thanks for any info on these bypass pulleys.

shouldn't have much play in it at all. bearing may be on its way out

limboalien
08-26-2017, 09:23 PM
I went ahead and got a new ac bypass pulley but it has same amount of play as the one I have so I put mine back on. I'm still curious now if there is supposed to be a spacer of some sort.

bluedragon436
08-31-2017, 09:46 AM
I'll have to head over to the storage unit and check out the bypass that is on my "spare" engine. Been thinking about pulling the bypass off and putting it on my 97, but figure if I'm getting rid of my AC, I'll be buying the bracket to move my alt up to that position and out of the rain and mud that the factory thought it a good idea to do..

prerunner1982
08-31-2017, 09:59 AM
I have a bypass pulley on my 93 that I am in the process of pulling. I will try to check the amount of wiggle it has, though it is not new I don't recall that it wiggled.