PDA

View Full Version : New XJ Owner From Wisconsin

CarsonXJ2001
08-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Hello. I am the proud owner of a 2001 XJ that I bought a few months ago with a few problems, and I joined this forum a few months ago as well, although I haven't posted until now. I'd been wanting to get one of these XJs since my parents got rid of the 99 XJ that I grew up around. My XJ is currently stock, but that'll change eventually since I plan on keeping this Jeep forever. Right now I'm continuing to fix some of the Jeeps problems. So far, I've put on new ball joints, tightened down a tie rod castle nut that was only hand tight, put in new U-bolts on the driver's side leaf spring, changed the oil, flushed the coolant (about 20 times to get all of the rust out), put in new spark plugs, and changed an o2 sensor. I've also replaced the rear dome light, and installed an alarm system. The Jeep needs a new radiator and water pump (both of which started leaking after I flushed all of the rusty coolant out), a new ac compressor clutch, new leaf springs, a new rear bumper, new brake lines, new tires pretty soon, and a new hitch receiver. I'm not complaining though, because it has 226,000 miles on it.
I am very glad that I found a nice friendly site like this one.

Picture of my Jeep: 10359

prerunner1982
08-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the World of station wagons..... that one looks pretty.

Allgood Auto
08-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Looks pretty clean, needs some dents scratches and tires :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pinkyman
08-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Welcome, my neighbor to the East!

Nice looking Xj. It sounds like its time for some upgrades! :thumbsup:

abebehrmann
08-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the site! Looks like a nice XJ you're starting with. Whereabouts in Wisconsin? I lived in Beloit for a few years and have a bunch of friends spread out through the state.

CarsonXJ2001
08-23-2017, 09:24 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome. Bigger tires and a lift are definitely going to happen eventually, I just have to get the small stuff out of the way before I start doing modifications.

CarsonXJ2001
08-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the site! Looks like a nice XJ you're starting with. Whereabouts in Wisconsin? I lived in Beloit for a few years and have a bunch of friends spread out through the state.
Thanks! I'm located in Milwaukee, so there's not a lot of off road areas near by unfortunately. The crime rate is really high as well, so I'd move to another part of Wisconsin in a heartbeat if I could.