PDA

View Full Version : xjtalk Stats

Mudderoy
08-17-2017, 06:46 AM
We've been talking in chat about the fall off of users visiting the site. Is it that the Cherokee was last built almost 20 years ago, the rise of Satan, ahh Facebook, etc...

As promised (in chat) here are the show stats. Hope this isn't too big to be able to see.

As you can see it's about the same from when we first set up the data collection. It's been higher at times, but generally it's about level. Unless you are reading it different, please share.

prerunner1982
08-17-2017, 07:22 AM
It looks like the seismic activity for Oklahoma. We had a big one in Jan 2014. Jan 2016 had all sorts of activity, but over all I agree it's not far off from where we were 3 years ago.

Mudderoy
08-17-2017, 08:56 AM
It looks like the seismic for Oklahoma. We had a big one in Jan 2014. Jan 2016 had all sorts of activity, but over all I agree it's not far off from where we were 3 years ago.

What the FRACK!

denverd1
08-17-2017, 09:58 AM
so this isn't for the forum??

Pinkyman
08-17-2017, 10:12 AM
Im so lost...........

prerunner1982
08-17-2017, 11:27 AM

I think Tony just mis-titled the post. You know how wrapped up he is in the "show". The data is from the forum, the show data looks much different.

Mudderoy
08-17-2017, 01:07 PM

This is a graph for the number of users that access xjtalk.com each day since 2013

89limited_hero
08-17-2017, 01:28 PM
There is a lot of forums that seem to be like this. Along with the raise of facebook and recently the ransom requirements of a popular 3rd party picture hosting site. All the write-ups that are now pictureless. People like looking at pics then read. It seems people attentions are other places and get their info from where there friends do.

Mudderoy
08-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Show Stats

denverd1
08-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Tony have you thought about revamping the forum tree? (not sure what else to call it) When you click "Forums" on the banner, the first 4 subforums haven't had a post this year, with the last post in "announcements" going back to 2014.

Also what's Box of Cherries 101? How to eat a box of cherries? 101 cherry boxes? a bunch of "cherry" "boxes"?

I've never quite understood the forum and sub forum categories and it's a crap shoot sometimes to find what you're looking for. "General Talk" for example doesn't say much about what's in there.

just and idea. I'm on 15 forums BTW, so I have some idea of what a good layout and forum/subforums might look like. Just my $.02!

show stats are ever increasing. do you have a graph of membership going back a few years? JTS shows you downloads, which is about the only metric for a podcast. you could dig deeper, but not easily. Forum is different. DAU as Twitter puts it - Daily Active Users - might show more than click history.

Also, I think I speak for everyone: Thank you for creating/running the forum/show.

Allgood Auto
08-17-2017, 08:21 PM
New to forums, it's actually a welcome change from FB IG etc. Thank you for what you do!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
08-18-2017, 06:35 AM
I haven't got to it yet, but the plan was to upgrade this software to the next major release. Would be a perfect time to thin out the forum entries.

Send me over your ideas.

Tony have you thought about revamping the forum tree? (not sure what else to call it) When you click "Forums" on the banner, the first 4 subforums haven't had a post this year, with the last post in "announcements" going back to 2014.

Also what's Box of Cherries 101? How to eat a box of cherries? 101 cherry boxes? a bunch of "cherry" "boxes"?

I've never quite understood the forum and sub forum categories and it's a crap shoot sometimes to find what you're looking for. "General Talk" for example doesn't say much about what's in there.

just and idea. I'm on 15 forums BTW, so I have some idea of what a good layout and forum/subforums might look like. Just my $.02!

show stats are ever increasing. do you have a graph of membership going back a few years? JTS shows you downloads, which is about the only metric for a podcast. you could dig deeper, but not easily. Forum is different. DAU as Twitter puts it - Daily Active Users - might show more than click history.

Also, I think I speak for everyone: Thank you for creating/running the forum/show.

bluedragon436
08-19-2017, 08:12 AM
I haven't got to it yet, but the plan was to upgrade this software to the next major release. Would be a perfect time to thin out the forum entries.

Send me over your ideas.

I don't know if I'd so much thin out the entries, as I would maybe somewhat rearrange them... at least for a bit... Only reason I wouldn't thin them out, is because I've seen other forums do that, and then when you log on, it looks like there is nothing going on with that forum, and that might discourage new members.. But like was said above, maybe rearranging the sections a bit, to move some of the less used sections down a bit, to bring up the more active sections, and also moving sections such as the General & Technical up towards the top, and that way those are the ones that folks will find easier and faster, as they are the ones that most will want to find.. But not burying the others that are used from time to time, so as to not have their use drop completely.. Just my input, but I'm no where near a programer or anything like that..

denverd1
08-19-2017, 10:39 PM
I don't know if I'd so much thin out the entries, as I would maybe somewhat rearrange them... at least for a bit... Only reason I wouldn't thin them out, is because I've seen other forums do that, and then when you log on, it looks like there is nothing going on with that forum, and that might discourage new members.. But like was said above, maybe rearranging the sections a bit, to move some of the less used sections down a bit, to bring up the more active sections, and also moving sections such as the General & Technical up towards the top, and that way those are the ones that folks will find easier and faster, as they are the ones that most will want to find.. But not burying the others that are used from time to time, so as to not have their use drop completely.. Just my input, but I'm no where near a programer or anything like that..Not saying thin them out, just coordinate them a little. Seems like several subs are ambiguous as to what's going on there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

denverd1
08-24-2017, 03:58 PM
In other news, in China a box of cherries will set you back about $90

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jonb8
08-24-2017, 05:14 PM
Facebook and instagram, I'm hang out on facebook wayyyyyy to much.. I think it's because of the constant input of content.... Content is everything these day's.

Mudderoy
08-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Facebook and instagram, I'm hang out on facebook wayyyyyy to much.. I think it's because of the constant input of content.... Content is everything these day's.

Yep, it's all about the posts.

denverd1
08-25-2017, 10:20 AM
Agreed. Gotta have good content. FB/IG can't organize and archive that content. to me, this is where a forum stands head and shoulders above social media.