PDA

View Full Version : 01 XJ upper leaf shackle bushings...

ProjectMoJo
08-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Hey guys and gals... I just got my new leaf shackles and wanted to press out the cheap bushings and install Moog. I ordered what I believe to be the upper shackle bushing, but it apparently is not. Does anyone have any info on a part number for this particular part?

Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170801/fcfd4f5fbb45aa74bb9e1c6e3457b4bb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tbone289
08-07-2017, 09:15 AM
I believe Mopar always sold the shackle and bushing as a unit, as you have there. That is how I've always seen the factory replacement shackles sold as well. The only option I've seen for a replacement bushing would be a two-piece poly one.

According to their parts/application listing, Moog only sells two leaf spring bushings: SB371 for the front and SB372 for the rear.

I was thinking that the shackle bushing and the rear spring bushing were the same size, but now I'm not sure. If that's the case, the SB372 should fit.

ProjectMoJo
08-07-2017, 09:20 AM
I believe Mopar always sold the shackle and bushing as a unit, as you have there. That is how I've always seen the factory replacement shackles sold as well. The only option I've seen for a replacement bushing would be a two-piece poly one.

According to their parts/application listing, Moog only sells two leaf spring bushings: SB371 for the front and SB372 for the rear.

I was thinking that the shackle bushing and the rear spring bushing were the same size, but now I'm not sure. If that's the case, the SB372 should fit.Nope. The Moog box is an SB372. Thank you for your reply though. The shackles are from Crown and are stock replacements. I'm sure they'll be just fine for my application... I am replacing every single other bushing with Moog or Clevite bushings and wanted the same for the upper shackle.

Tbone289
08-07-2017, 09:30 AM
I installed the same Crown shackles you have there when I replaced my springs back in May. They seem to be working just fine, with no odd noises or anything. I couldn't tell any quality difference between the Crowns and the originals that came out. I was tempted to center the bushing in the shackle a little better than Crown did, but in the end I just greased them and bolted them in and called it good.

ProjectMoJo
08-07-2017, 09:33 AM
I installed the same Crown shackles you have there when I replaced my springs back in May. They seem to be working just fine, with no odd noises or anything. I couldn't tell any quality difference between the Crowns and the originals that came out. I was tempted to center the bushing in the shackle a little better than Crown did, but in the end I just greased them and bolted them in and called it good.Cool. Thanks. I don't doubt the quality of Crown parts. They're not a manufacturer... They mostly re-box existing aftermarket parts. For example - I ordered their NP231 master rebuild kit and all the bearings were Timken and the seals were a mix of Timken and National. The Crown T-case chain appeared to be Borg Warner.

Tbone289
08-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Good to know.

I've been pleased with all of the Crown parts I've installed. I usually don't hesitate to buy their products except for sensors/sending units etc. that I buy Mopar-only.