PDA

View Full Version : Just signed up

1990XJ
07-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Hello all,

just making my first post today. this is the first forum i have participated in. i am new to forums but i got myself a 1990 Cherokee Laredo and I plan on building it to a nice trail rig. hope i can contribute and learn from everyone on this forum. thanks for letting me join.

:xjtalk::xj-red:

Pookapotamus
07-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Welcome! Tell us about your plans for the jeep, and about yourself. You have found a great group here, everyone is awesome and always willing to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
07-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Welcome Anthony. I agree, tell us what your plans are, and remember us forum junkies love pics

Allgood Auto
07-29-2017, 07:27 PM
Hello all,

just making my first post today. this is the first forum i have participated in. i am new to forums but i got myself a 1990 Cherokee Laredo and I plan on building it to a nice trail rig. hope i can contribute and learn from everyone on this forum. thanks for letting me join.

:xjtalk::xj-red:Nice and welcome!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1990XJ
07-29-2017, 11:05 PM
Welcome! Tell us about your plans for the jeep, and about yourself. You have found a great group here, everyone is awesome and always willing to help out.

Thank you, I plan on installing a 4.5" Rough Country long arm suspension lift kit ad well as some 33X12.5 R15's BFG K02's. I have already purchased the lift and tires just need to install ASAP. I have had the XJ for a week so far and I am itching to go wheelin. I am going to keep the CAD system until I break it. I want to buy the Alloy USA cable differential lock kit as well. I have one daughter and a son on the way. I work for Trane on commercial air conditioners full time in Las Vegas. I have been into off roading my entire life. Started for dirt bikes but am moving on to something I can carry the family in.

4.3LXJ
07-29-2017, 11:53 PM
Thank you, I plan on installing a 4.5" Rough Country long arm suspension lift kit ad well as some 33X12.5 R15's BFG K02's. I have already purchased the lift and tires just need to install ASAP. I have had the XJ for a week so far and I am itching to go wheelin. I am going to keep the CAD system until I break it. I want to buy the Alloy USA cable differential lock kit as well. I have one daughter and a son on the way. I work for Trane on commercial air conditioners full time in Las Vegas. I have been into off roading my entire life. Started for dirt bikes but am moving on to something I can carry the family in.

Imagine that, Trane. I was a service manager for a local dealership for Trane in WA state

XJ Wheeler
07-30-2017, 04:36 PM

Sounds like a great plan. My '92 laredo is on a 4.5" R.E. lift with 33" falkens. Haven't really gotten a chance to test it out since I stepped up from 31s though but you will need to trim some to let it stretch it's legs. Mainly the front fender behind the bumper. Also, when you want to deal there's a few ways to deal with it. You can swap in a one piece shaft and block off the cad mount on the axle, or lock the fork in to connect the shaft, and the one you listed. Depends if you want the 2wd low option the cable actuator allows if you're open in the front.

Welcome to xjtalk and glad to have ya here!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

bluedragon436
07-30-2017, 06:48 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1:, the always enjoyable forums and of course the addiction that is Jeep!! Sounds like a great plan with the XJ build... I've always liked the XJ and have really enjoyed working on mine, and doing the lift and everything else myself... I've been thinking more and more about a removable top Jeep like a CJ,YJ or TJ.. but having the room for the family (have a 19 month old) wins out... maybe one day I might find a decent shape Scrambler to build up for the family rig.. But until then, I'm going to continue to enjoy the XJ and enjoy making memories with the family with it..

denverd1
08-01-2017, 01:36 PM
welcome. nice lift kit you got there. you go with new rear leafs?

prerunner1982
08-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Welcome Anthony, looks like you have a nice start there. Can't wait to see it when you get the lift and tires on.

1990XJ
08-01-2017, 04:47 PM
welcome. nice lift kit you got there. you go with new rear leafs?

Yup. I read the AAL have the Jeep a terrible ride

denverd1
08-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Yup. I read the AAL have the Jeep a terrible ride

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPerfect! When you putting it on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk