PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SE Missouri

Tbone289
07-13-2017, 08:48 AM
Hello all!

I'm a long-time member of those "other" XJ forums and look forward to participating in more discussion here.

I've owned my 2000 Sport for 10 years.

Recent upgrades:

Aftermarket "Upcountry" package:

Moog CC782 coils
3/4" spacer
Crown HD leafs
Bilstein 5100 shocks
Hayden trans. cooler
extended bump stops
RC steering stabilizer

Cooling system:

Radiator
fan clutch
water pump
hoses
thermostat

7-blade trailer wiring and brake controller
Yakima roof rack

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4325/35897887665_503bb82f05_k.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4293/35766484871_2d19d57eeb_k.jpg

4.3LXJ
07-13-2017, 09:01 AM
Welcome Terry. Very nice looking Jeep there.

Tbone289
07-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Thanks Steve! There are several vehicles in the family to take care of and, unfortunately, the XJ has hardly been driven the past couple of years. After the recent work I can't seem to stay out of it!

prerunner1982
07-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Welcome from Oklahoma.

abebehrmann
07-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the site! That's a clean looking XJ you've got there. Whereabouts in SEMO? Close to Sikeston? One of my favorite things on road trips as a kid was stopping at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston and getting some dinner rolls thrown at me, haha.

Tbone289
07-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the site! That's a clean looking XJ you've got there. Whereabouts in SEMO? Close to Sikeston? One of my favorite things on road trips as a kid was stopping at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston and getting some dinner rolls thrown at me, haha.

Yeah, very close actually--30 miles north in Cape Girardeau/Jackson area. The original Lambert's definitely qualifies as a landmark. I still drive down for some "throwed" rolls occasionally.

Thanks for the props on the Jeep. :thumbsup:

XJ Wheeler
07-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Welcome to xjtalk Terry! I gotta say, love that jeep. So clean, the stance seems perfect and looks higher than that even. Kudos for keeping it nice! Wish mine would have been that nice. Woulda saved me a ton of time fixing things!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Tbone289
07-18-2017, 07:23 AM
Thanks Jake. Yeah, they really should have come from the factory sitting like that, don't 'ya think? All of the sad, sagging stock XJs driving around help to make a near-stock one look lifted. Stock measurement is 17.5/17" F/R from the flare to the center of the hub, and mine is 19.5/18". I could have pulled the spacer out up front to even it back out, but I don't like the look of any rake on an XJ, and the 2" of lift puts me closer to the center of up/down travel. It feels really well balanced and the Bilstein 5100s are just amazing.

I read Stormy's epic build thread--thanks for sharing all that. I think it's great that you take the time to make her just as you want. I have other project vehicles so I have to spread my time out, and that's why I tried very hard to get a clean one. I paid for it initially, but I hate body work & rust!!

Photobucket should be brutally punished for all the photo-hosting pics they took away, BTW... :jail: It sucks that all of those pics of Stormy are gone from the thread. :mad0090:

XJ Wheeler
07-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Thanks Jake. Yeah, they really should have come from the factory sitting like that, don't 'ya think? All of the sad, sagging stock XJs driving around help to make a near-stock one look lifted. Stock measurement is 17.5/17" F/R from the flare to the center of the hub, and mine is 19.5/18". I could have pulled the spacer out up front to even it back out, but I don't like the look of any rake on an XJ, and the 2" of lift puts me closer to the center of up/down travel. It feels really well balanced and the Bilstein 5100s are just amazing.

I read Stormy's epic build thread--thanks for sharing all that. I think it's great that you take the time to make her just as you want. I have other project vehicles so I have to spread my time out, and that's why I tried very hard to get a clean one. I paid for it initially, but I hate body work & rust!!

Photobucket should be brutally punished for all the photo-hosting pics they took away, BTW... :jail: It sucks that all of those pics of Stormy are gone from the thread. :mad0090:

That would have been nice for sure! The stance just fits it so much better and helps it not look like an overloaded soccer wagon. [emoji14] I've wanted Bilsteins for a while now. My brother has them and I really want to replace the old Doestch Tech units I got oh, about 13 years ago. Just need that list of fixing things to get smaller...

I appreciate that and apologize about the photos. Probably didn't make for much of an interesting thread, but I've got hundreds of pics to deal with on it and little time. They really screwed over so many people with this. I've got how to's that took days to write and are now useless too. I can see starting to charge people but don't take the pics they had for years off line without warning. That's just horrible business practices when it comes down to it. And I truly believe it'll show on their bottom line. Maybe they'll change it after the backlash so at least the past photos can be shared. I won't use them again but it would be good for the years of pics I shared through them would be visible again. It's a big pain but life lessons aren't usually easy ones and in the whole of life it's a speck of dirt. Thanks for looking at my build thread, it's very behind. I actually had a post almost ready to put up to finally get it going again but it's got a couple dozens photobucket pics in it and now I have to get that switched over. :/

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.