PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

OGCollard
07-06-2017, 06:20 AM
Some of you may remember me. I was on here lots while rebuilding my 4.0 so the transmission could d all out once i was done. I was frustrated and backed away from the old gal for a looooong time. Well i can say after about a year and a half i finally started looking and found a transmission. It came out of a 2001 xj that had only 80k miles on it. It got clipped in rear quarter panel and inaurance totaled it out. Only had to pay 350 for it at the auto recyclers and it only has a 90 warranty on parts. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out. I will keep you posted but its about time the old girl came back to life! And apologies for so rudely stepping away from posting!

abebehrmann
07-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Hell yeah! I bet it will be nice to get the ol girl running and driving again!

bluedragon436
07-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Welcome Back!!! And glad you are on the way to getting the ole girl back up and going and on the road again... It can sometimes be quite discouraging to work so hard and take so many steps forward only to be knocked back or down by something else... I'm actually waiting for once I get done replacing/rebuilding the 4.0 in my XJ, for the transmission to go out... since the PO's did't take very good care of her.. Look forward to seeing more posts about her progress and her being back up and rolling!!

OGCollard
07-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Well pressed out the ujoints on the driveshafts last night since they are out. Neighbor saw me working at putting the new ones in and said it should not be that hard. Asked me if i honed the brackets that hold the ujoints. I said no so he enlightened me. Will be putting the new ujoints in this weekend.