PDA

View Full Version : I thought XJ's liked too get wet...

harleyd74
06-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Hi all,
I'm back again with a new problem. the last one turned out to be a worn out distributor. I digress, this time I wen't for a run in the desert a came back too wash her down and thought why not knock the dust off the engine. Well NOW
high idle and won't shift properly (automatic) so I suspect IAC, digging around I noticed high idle due too the IAC took said part out and found IAC was screwed out, me in my infinite wisdom screwed it back in with a little blue loctite, reinstalled. In the interim I found a vacuum tank (in my quest too find a vacuum leak) underneath the bumper. Ha, I thought as I found a broken off barb, eureka! No, not that easy, I plugged the line started up and now low and behold it barely idles. And to top it off it still rams into third gear. So I pulled the plug back off and now it idles fine. Problem solved! I think not! It still doesn't shift right and bangs into third gear. Any Ideas? :bang:

cantab27
06-17-2017, 04:59 PM
faulty tps can cause trans to play up ,engine to stall out and idle like crap ....