PDA

View Full Version : Rear quarter panel trimming?

aparise
05-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Ok so I have finally converted my 2wd XJ to 4wd. Lifted it 4 inches up front and about 3 to 3.5 in the rear. I have trimmed the front fenders. I've seen people fold them to retain the pinch weld and I have seen people just trim them like the front. My question is what is the best way to trim the rear quarters? I am also going to fold the section that hangs down behind the rear tires as well. Just trying to get some info and see what others have done.

4.3LXJ
05-25-2017, 10:17 AM
I take it when you say trim you are talking about the fender wells? If so, most retain the weld. If you don't, there will be a gap there you will have to fill.

denverd1
05-25-2017, 11:06 AM
took mine up to the break in the sheet metal, folded it flat up underneath. I'm technically above the pinch welds, but left them in tact when I cut

aparise
05-25-2017, 02:14 PM
I take it when you say trim you are talking about the fender wells? If so, most retain the weld. If you don't, there will be a gap there you will have to fill.

Yes the fender wells. That's the info I was looking for. I really don't want to have to fill any gaps. I'm going to do the tuck and fold to the rear quarters at the same time.

MattybPDX
05-26-2017, 12:10 PM
YouTube it. Its super simple, I sure bleepinjeep has a video.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk