PDA

View Full Version : Hd offroad shackle relocation brackets by the numbers.

finneys98xj
05-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Ok this a quick look at the differences these brackets made in my rear.

I installed these this morning and havent took them to the rocks yet. thses numbers come from a 91 xj with the rough country 6 inch long arm kit. The rear suspension consist of their 4.5 inch full packs and there lift shackles.

Before any mods the shackles were verticle. I put the shackle on a 45 when i installed these brackets. Thde measurements where taken for the ubolt plate to the frame. Ok on to the numbers.

Without bracket
resting on level ground. 8 3/4 inches
Flexed all the way down- 13 1/4 inches
stuffed all the way up- 5 inches

so that equals 3 3/4 inches of up travel
4 1/2 inches of down

with brackets
resting level- 9 3/4
flexed down- 15 inches
stuffed up- 4 3/4

so that equals 1 inch of overall lift
5 inches of up travel
5 1/4 inches of down

these numbers are with shocks unhooked.

The ride is awesome with shocks hooked up, DO NOT RIDE WITH THE SHOCKS. Dont ask how i know. money well spent just for the ride.

bluedragon436
05-18-2017, 03:33 PM
Nice.. I've been thinking about doing the relocation brackets, to help with the geometry, but also to give just a tad bit more lift.. as I'll most likely be adding a small spacer to the front coils to level it out after doing the bumper & winch install.. Look forward to hearing the reviews on how it works out on the rocks..

finneys98xj
05-18-2017, 03:38 PM
With my sway bar hooked and just pull up the bank at an angle I can tell a huge difference in the rear flex. I have a lockrite to go in my rear but have to swap carriers. Im thinking of waiting to install it till I make one more run to see the difference they make.

bluedragon436
05-18-2017, 03:43 PM
With my sway bar hooked and just pull up the bank at an angle I can tell a huge difference in the rear flex. I have a lockrite to go in my rear but have to swap carriers. Im thinking of waiting to install it till I make one more run to see the difference they make.

Yeah, my rear sway bar has been missing since I installed the lift.. needed to move it out of the way to fight the upper shock mount bolts...and I accidentally forgot to reinstall.. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)... Why do you need to swap carriers out to do the lock rite ??

finneys98xj
05-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Yeah, my rear sway bar has been missing since I installed the lift.. needed to move it out of the way to fight the upper shock mount bolts...and I accidentally forgot to reinstall.. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)... Why do you need to swap carriers out to do the lock rite ??

My rear sway bar went the way of the birds the day I bought her. I was talking my front was still hooked. The 8.8 limited slip carrier is different than the open carrier. The locker I have I got free, so instead of spending $600 on a lunch box to fit the ls carrier. I just going to swap carriers. I bought a whole axle so I could get the carrier and axles for me and the brakes are going on a ford 9 inch under a ranchero. To swap carriers all i need to do is reset backlashe so a $100 axle vs 600+ locker.

MattybPDX
05-18-2017, 06:50 PM
What's a sway bar? All my jeep had in the back was some post modern lawn ornament.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bluedragon436
05-18-2017, 09:46 PM
What's a sway bar? All my jeep had in the back was some post modern lawn ornament.

I hear that... mine is holding down some space with some other chunks of steel waiting for a scrap yard run @ a friends house where I installed the lift.. Still got leaf springs and bumpers @ my house I need to take over there.. not worth me just dumping the few parts that I have, when he has far more parts to scrap

MattybPDX
05-18-2017, 10:06 PM
I hear that... mine is holding down some space with some other chunks of steel waiting for a scrap yard run @ a friends house where I installed the lift.. Still got leaf springs and bumpers @ my house I need to take over there.. not worth me just dumping the few parts that I have, when he has far more parts to scrap
I should have saved mine for scrap. My work will do trips with 2-3 tons at a time, not bad for only 2 guys.