PDA

View Full Version : New XJ owner here

Bugler
05-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Hey folks, new to the forum. I've learned a lot here already and now have some question so I registered.
I bought a 99 2 door a few months ago, 4.0L 4 speed auto, real clean, low miles and the only rust I see is on the exhaust and clamps. I am planning on a zone 3 inch lift with full leaf packs. Hoping I don't' have vibration issues.
Thanks for taking the time to post all this info on here, it has helped me a lot already.
When my kids get home I will try to post a pic:smiley-scared003:

Bryan

Pookapotamus
05-06-2017, 05:03 PM
3" kit should be fine for vibration, there is always thing we can do if you do get a vibe! And yes we need pics!

Oh and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
05-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Welcome and sounds like you are on your way to some fun

Bugler
05-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Test picture

4.3LXJ
05-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Nice looking Jeep. Partial to 2 doors myself

Pookapotamus
05-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Yup you're not cool unless you have a 2 door!

Bugler
05-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Thanks. I see.
The radiator was leaking when I bought it and the heater didn't work so I replaced ithe radiator and hosed out the heater core and so far it's good to go.
Those are BFG 30s (they don't measure much over 28) and the rims say jeep but they're not stock ( I have the stock wheels and tires). I fooled with the stock spare mount and got the full size spare on it.
It's a daily driver and I'm getting 20 MPG so small lift, weld up a roof rack for my kayak and a hitch ( I can't find any place that looks good to hook a strap or chain on this truck) and I'll be happy. For now

Pookapotamus
05-06-2017, 06:28 PM
And it will be very capable! Great weekend warrior!

Bugler
05-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Great!!!! I've never got to be one of the cool guys before:bacondance:

4.3LXJ
05-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Great!!!! I've never got to be one of the cool guys before:bacondance:

Not many 2 doors, but exclusive is always cool

Mudderoy
05-07-2017, 06:16 AM
I'm looking forward to the post "3 inch ain't cutting it, I'm going to 6.5 inch!"

:welcome: to :xjtalk:

Bugler
05-07-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm looking forward to the post "3 inch ain't cutting it, I'm going to 6.5 inch!"

:welcome: to :xjtalk:

Heh, my off road is making up my half mile driveway in snow. The top half does drift pretty bad tho. I haven't gone out looking for trouble in a 4WD in almost 40 years. If I didn't need rear springs and have these pretty new to big tires I would probably leave it stock.
Never say never tho
Thanks for the welcome:patriot:

bluedragon436
05-08-2017, 06:43 AM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! Looks like a pretty nice rig... especially with the being mostly rust free, up here in the NE.. Sounds like you got a pretty good plan with the 3" lift.. and like was said before... shouldn't have any issues with vibrations going with the 3".. and if so should be a minor vibration that could fairly easily be taken care of.. Look forward to the post lift pics..

Bugler
05-09-2017, 03:51 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! Looks like a pretty nice rig... especially with the being mostly rust free, up here in the NE.. Sounds like you got a pretty good plan with the 3" lift.. and like was said before... shouldn't have any issues with vibrations going with the 3".. and if so should be a minor vibration that could fairly easily be taken care of.. Look forward to the post lift pics..

Thanks, looks like we are neighbors. Yes on the rust but it's not without some issues. So do I throw out some questions in this thread , start another or start one for each issue/question?
Thanks
Bryan
P.S. Thanks for serving:patriot:

prerunner1982
05-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Thanks, looks like we are neighbors. Yes on the rust but it's not without some issues. So do I throw out some questions in this thread , start another or start one for each issue/question?
Thanks
Bryan
P.S. Thanks for serving:patriot:

Welcome from Oklahoma. I would suggest a different thread for each issue, but that's just me. Really up to you, but one thread with multiple issues may get confusing with each response being about a different issue.

Bugler
05-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Welcome from Oklahoma. I would suggest a different thread for each issue, but that's just me. Really up to you, but one thread with multiple issues may get confusing with each response being about a different issue.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Bugler
05-13-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm going to build a roof rack and buy some gutter mounts. Which section would get the best traffic for gutter mount suggestions.
Thanks

XJ Wheeler
05-14-2017, 03:50 AM
I'd go with the "Modified" section.

Welcome to xjtalk! Glad to have you here and nice jeep you have there. Wish I had a clean 2 door but I'm stuck with my plain ol 4 door. [emoji14]

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Bugler
05-14-2017, 07:48 AM
Thanks and thanks. I didn't choose it ,it kinda chose me. I call it Lesdor.
I wish I had a messenger pigeon
If that's your plain ole 4 door in those pics it looks sweet to me