PDA

View Full Version : Spare Time

BlueXJ
12-05-2009, 11:58 PM
What do you do in your spare time?

I work on one of my vehicles or do yard work, weather permitting. I also like to read, but seldom get the time unless the weather keeps me confined.
I sometime help the neighbors or do something for my lodge.

4.3LXJ
12-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Work on the Jeep of course. Then there is the acreage, garden, and of course spending time with the wife.

I also operate a community services center where we distribute free food, clothing, bedding, furniture and household items.

kryptonitexj
12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Well between working and going to school in the
evenings. I also have to be home to spent time
with my wife and 7yr old daughter. Not alot of free
time but I try to combine it like this weekend my
daughter buffed and waxed my jeep! We had a blast.

BlueXJ
12-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Very good guys, family is quite important. I don't spend enough with mine. Wife and I live too far from our relatives. Most are 1500 miles away. So it is usually just the two of us.

4.3LXJ
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
My sons are just an hour and a half away, and one has a YJ. Can you guess which one I spend the most time with? There is times he and I wrench on it. Matching colors by the way. I gave him a bunch of recovery equipment for his birthday. I was highly amused watching him try to stuff it all into his little compartment in the spare tire carrier.

Primo
12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I have lots of spare time hobbys like... workin on the jeep or the integra, playing with / training my two american pit bull terriers, home improovment, playing texas holdum, drinkin with the guys, shooting and hunting, fishing, wheeling, and the only one I don't do with my wife to often Paintballing I love paintballing!!!

BlueXJ
12-07-2009, 09:16 PM
If I lived as close to Moab as you do Primo I would be up there spending all my spare time trying the great trails.

Melissa
12-09-2009, 12:14 AM
I find that I have way to much free time :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:...................................... ..........NOT

When I do have any free time, I am usually on the computer talking to you guys/gals.

I did find the time last week to go down and have my hair cut for the "Locks Of Love" I let them cut 15 inches of my hair :smiley-scared002::smiley-scared002:. I should have done it sooner, cause now my neck is FREEZING:shocker:, could be from the short hair or the fact that it topped only 13 degrees today, dunno, but I am sure cold.

Primo
12-13-2009, 11:52 AM
If I lived as close to Moab as you do Primo I would be up there spending all my spare time trying the great trails.

Moab is great I live 4.5 hours away from it though I go when I can but its a long drive so we do a lot more around northern ut, you know desert mountains mud the great salt lake trails things like that.

muddeprived
12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
I find that I have way to much free time :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:...................................... ..........NOT

When I do have any free time, I am usually on the computer talking to you guys/gals.

I did find the time last week to go down and have my hair cut for the "Locks Of Love" I let them cut 15 inches of my hair :smiley-scared002::smiley-scared002:. I should have done it sooner, cause now my neck is FREEZING:shocker:, could be from the short hair or the fact that it topped only 13 degrees today, dunno, but I am sure cold.

:camera::camera::camera:
:worthlesspics:
:camera::camera::camera:

Primo
12-16-2009, 01:37 PM
yes amen. WOW thats the best signature ever!!!!!!

mizedog
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Way to go 4.3 and Mel!

It seems that getting true time to work on my Jeep is really tough. Every week day it's work, then go home & help my wife fix dinner, then I take over with the kids (brushing teeth, getting ready for bed, reading story, etc.). On the weekends, there's always something.

Last summer I really had fun with the garden. I got a late start due to a long vacation to California. Next year I'll go even bigger.

I'm also a life-long musician. I play guitar and bass, and sing. The only regular gig I have now is a family choir my 6 year old daughter, and Mom sing in while I play. I used to be in the club circuit in L.A./Orange County.

BlueXJ
12-18-2009, 12:00 AM
This is all great but an extension to the original question is do you help with any community services like shelters or rebuilding homes for the elderly. We have recently started a downtown revitalization project which I attended a workshop on. We are going to help remodel several mom/pop stores in an effort to get customers to return to that area to do their shopping. The background reason is that many sell American made goods and the large chains (K=Mart, Wal-Mart, etc...) sell goods made in Pacific Rim countries and that just increases our trade deficit. Hopefully there will be enough drops in the bucket to make a difference.

4.3LXJ
12-19-2009, 03:50 PM
We don't. The mission of our orgainzation is to assist, but not support. Due to our location we do not see too many homeless. What we get is people who are generally the working poor. We do get a number of people who are from some type of shelter. I have put the word out that they will get special treatment, more than our normal limits on goods. These people have the clothes on their backs and a tooth brush and are put into apartments, empty apartments. We try to send them away with as much as possible. A second group we are seeing now are people that have had decent jobs who are having their unemployment run out, or the state of CA is unable to print them a check. They are very sheepish about coming in because they were until recently the ones that might donate. All they want is food because they can no longer buy food.

We have a larger organization called Maranatha Flights International that take on projects all over the world, including the US where the need is great. These people are awesome. They build a house a day. They just swarm like ants and stuff goes up.