PDA

View Full Version : When slowing to crawl feels like rumble strips?

nicpaige
02-09-2017, 07:00 AM
I have noticed lately when I am slowing down and almost to a stop I feel a chatter kind of vibration in the rear end like you just ran over some of those rumble strips on the highway. Doesn't matter if I am turning or going straight forward. Any advice? U-joint or ring and pinion? It is a stock rear end and gears.

Mudderoy
02-09-2017, 07:59 AM
I have noticed lately when I am slowing down and almost to a stop I feel a chatter kind of vibration in the rear end like you just ran over some of those rumble strips on the highway. Doesn't matter if I am turning or going straight forward. Any advice? U-joint or ring and pinion? It is a stock rear end and gears.

Brakes on or off make a difference?

nicpaige
02-09-2017, 08:59 AM
No it doesn't seem to matter.

4.3LXJ
02-09-2017, 10:35 AM
The first thing I would look at is the rear U joints

Brasscatz
02-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Mine does the exact same thing. Rotated tires and it calmed down for a bit if I recall correctly.
Doing it again big time now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MattybPDX
02-11-2017, 02:38 PM
We used to call those raver savers. Woke us up a few times after leaving the club at 7am.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk