PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

gregs94
02-08-2017, 06:01 PM
name is greg from danbury CT. been into mostly corvettes for a while but now getting in to jeeps as i needed a change of pace, also my daily driver is a 2008 subaru STI "fun car" so my first XJ had a cracked cyl head and coolant wiped out the motor, but the body is rust free and i am looking to replace it very soon, so hopefully i can find a new one here on xjtalk and hope to sell my xj body and learn more and meet new people along the way..

4.3LXJ
02-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Welcome Greg. The 4.0 is not a hard motor to rebuild. Or if you want to go a little faster, you can stroke it

bluedragon436
02-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I'd say especially up that way where you're at.. if it is a rust free body, and underneath... I'd look at rebuilding the engine, or build yourself a stroker if you'd like some extra power, like Steve said... or can always pick up a pre assembled example of either to install...

gregs94
02-08-2017, 08:42 PM
well it was vandalized where its been sitting for the last 2 weeks, so i stripped it down of what i wanted off of it to transfer to a new one, its on ebay right now if you guys want to check it out.

bluedragon436
02-08-2017, 09:17 PM
well it was vandalized where its been sitting for the last 2 weeks, so i stripped it down of what i wanted off of it to transfer to a new one, its on ebay right now if you guys want to check it out.

Never understood why people can't leave stuff alone... Even if it's been sitting around somewhere forever... doesn't mean it's open to just demolish... heck, the longer it has been around... the more it shouldn't be messed with..... I just don't get it...