PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk shocks

finneys98xj
01-11-2017, 08:07 AM
OK I'm about to do some rear suspension work to get a better shackle angle and some more droop. When I do that I am going to be pushing my axle back a few inches and lifting the rear a littlextra so shock and going to be needing replaced.

I have made up my mind that I'm going to take some of the 2x2 box tubing I have laying around and build some shock hoops. I was thinking of just going with a mono tube style bilstein or rancho right now till I can save the money for a set of reserves. You think it would be worth moving the shocks while not switching to reserves?

4.3LXJ
01-11-2017, 10:36 AM
I guess that is a subjective question. If you are going to reservoir shock, you can get some more flex by moving the upper mount in and using a longer shock. If I was doing that I would plan ahead with exactly what you were going to get and try to match what you get now so it would be a bolt in affair.

finneys98xj
01-11-2017, 11:31 AM
I'm want my shocks as close to vertical as possible for me dampening wajust wondering if reserveso are worth it.

4.3LXJ
01-11-2017, 11:35 AM
I really don't think they are necessary. Unless of course you are planing on running a Jeepspeed or something like that where shock temps would be very high

denverd1
04-24-2017, 11:49 PM
i would move the bottom mount up even with the axle tube while youre at it. lowest point and gets hung on rocks.

i dont think resi's are worth it for me personally, I never get over 10 mph anyway. curious how you set them up tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk