PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Liberty74!!!

4.3LXJ
12-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Hi Liberty74, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our Jeep Talk Show (http://jeeptalkshow.com) It\'s about Jeeps! It\'s like a radio talk show, but you listen through any Internet attached device.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.JeepTalkForum.com/

Liberty74
12-30-2016, 10:54 PM
Hey all. My name is Jeff. Currently own 2012 liberty, 2002 liberty and recently a 2001 cherokee. So far been an enjoyable vehicle. Have learned a lot about it the few months we've had it. Lots of little things that make you take a step back scratch your head and wonder why.

4.3LXJ
12-30-2016, 11:13 PM
Really? tell us

bluedragon436
12-31-2016, 07:47 AM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! The XJ does have a tendency to make you step back and scratch your head in confusion sometimes... just be glad you don't have a mix model year, like I do with my 97... makes me scratch my head and want to find the engineers and punch them.. lol

Liberty74
12-31-2016, 08:57 AM
I bought it with a salvage title. Hit a deer and broke the header panel, smashed the fender, dented the drivers door and the rear drivers door. When I started the only wiring issue was one of the front headlights was grounded to the battery. After screwing with everything getting it fixed, the front lights weren't working right. Had to take the front harness apart to find the bad ground. Fixed that. Then the speaker that worked when I bought it stopped working. Broken wire in the boot. Fixed that. Only one window worked. Fixed that. Right before it was to be inspected the rear license plate light, third brake light, and rear wiper decided to stop working. Tore everything apart in the back again. Broken wires in the boot. Why would they splice wires like this. The lights are fixed and the wiper works if you push the button, doesn't work continuously and the washer doesn't work. Will figure that out later.

bluedragon436
12-31-2016, 09:43 PM
I bought it with a salvage title. Hit a deer and broke the header panel, smashed the fender, dented the drivers door and the rear drivers door. When I started the only wiring issue was one of the front headlights was grounded to the battery. After screwing with everything getting it fixed, the front lights weren't working right. Had to take the front harness apart to find the bad ground. Fixed that. Then the speaker that worked when I bought it stopped working. Broken wire in the boot. Fixed that. Only one window worked. Fixed that. Right before it was to be inspected the rear license plate light, third brake light, and rear wiper decided to stop working. Tore everything apart in the back again. Broken wires in the boot. Why would they splice wires like this. The lights are fixed and the wiper works if you push the button, doesn't work continuously and the washer doesn't work. Will figure that out later.

Yeah I hear you on that rear splicing of wiring harness.. I found out my 3rd brake light wasn't working on my XJ (conveniently right after I passed inspection).. and I pulled the back hatch panel off and between the wiring there and the wiring that I could access due to my headliner already being pulled for a recover.. I found two wires that were broken there @ the splice... all redone and working now.. but yeah... wanted to smack someone for that stupidity, even more so when there is next to no extra slack to work with to splice in new wires to repair it.. Have learned that they will certainly help you become a creative person!!