PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Heater Blower

murray_xj
12-29-2016, 08:23 AM
Hey guys!! Quick question to all the XJTalk pros... a few weeks back my heater blower stopped working. I took the climate control out, the notorious switch connector was a little toasty, so I clipped it out, wired it direct after cleaning up the spade connections on the back of the switch, pulled the resistor out which looked okay, again cleaning up the connectors before hooking it back up and it still didn't work. a few days later, my battery died. I have a second vehicle so I left it sit for a week, hooked it up to jumper cables today and at first key turn my heater blower came on? I know newer vehicles electronics will get wonky as a battery gets low before dying... any chance my heater blower was a prelude to the battery going to hell?? or should I still be chasing the problem?? Thanks all, truly.

4.3LXJ
12-29-2016, 10:41 AM
It may be coincidence or the cause. To find out, start by disconnecting the battery at night and see if it goes down. When you turn the key off, there shouldn't be any power going to the HVAC anyway.

murray_xj
12-29-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm chasing the issue with the heater blower. The battery was 7 years old, in PA cold winters that's about 45 dog years. I don't feel that the blower not working would be drawing on the battery

4.3LXJ
12-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Then if you turn it on and it doesn't work, check the connection with a test light and if you don't get power, work backwards. You might find it is the switch that is toast

murray_xj
12-29-2016, 11:03 AM
Thanks... I hate chasing electrical issues. Found it odd I couldn't get it to come on for the life of me but as soon as it was hooked up to be jumped, whalah... it works