PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Hbolt XJ!!!

cantab27
11-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Hi Hbolt XJ, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our Jeep Talk Show (http://jeeptalkshow.com) It\'s about Jeeps! It\'s like a radio talk show, but you listen through any Internet attached device.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.JeepTalkForum.com/

Hbolt XJ
11-10-2016, 01:27 AM
Thanks... I plan to be a xj owner this Saturday. It's a 2001 Cherokee sport with a manual trans 140k miles and 2" lift. I was just curious what some of your thoughts where. I'm just getting started into the XJ scene so any all info is helpful.

I've been looking for a good family weekend wheeler and a few months ago I bought a 1st gen 4Runner. Only to find out that getting to the back seat isn't the easiest when you have a kid that uses a car seat. So I sold it and now I'm all XJ which I probably should of started with.

After all my kids Cherokee XJ (axial scx10 ll) does pretty good so the full size should do just as well rite.

XJ Wheeler
11-10-2016, 07:14 AM
A clean specimen! And already boosted up a little.

The biggest thing to know about the 2001 is the head has a small weakness. It's not a big problem, if you keep it cool. Overheating is when they crack. And personally, I'd be apt to do a compression check just to make sure it isn't already cracked. But just like any vehicle if you take care of it the thing will be good to you.

Welcome to xjtalk and good luck with the (hopefully) new ride!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Hbolt XJ
11-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Well that sucks... the guy got so much interest he's gonna relist it for more. He had for $3800 now he's not sure how much he wants.

I guess the hunt continues.

Hbolt XJ
11-15-2016, 01:03 AM
My next hope to be. It's a 98' 5speed with 190k. I'm not a fan of the miles but it looks like a nice clean ride. Tomorrow at 2:00 can't wait.

XJ Wheeler
11-17-2016, 03:06 AM
How'd it go? Looks clean for sure.

Hbolt XJ
11-17-2016, 12:49 PM
It's official I'm part of the XJ clan. It is pretty clean a little rust underneath but not terrible. The drivers side window won't go down but you can hear the motor working, it needs new shocks and the door lock switch doesn't work from either side. Did these jeeps come with a key fob? It has a vibration at highway speeds. It has new tires and a new u-joint in the drive line. The guy said the vibration was worse before those where replaced. I'll have to wait tell this weekend to see what else I can find wrong with it. This time of year sucks it's dark when I get off work and I don't have room to pull it in my garage. I would like to find a PDF factory manual. I would also like to know what axles and transfer case it has. Even with bad shocks it rode pretty good. Engine seems smooth and strong, brakes and transmission felt good. I'm pretty happy with the rig maybe not as happy as I would of been to get the first one I found but whatever. I really just wanted one with a 5speed.

Mudderoy
11-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Well that sucks... the guy got so much interest he's gonna relist it for more. He had for $3800 now he's not sure how much he wants.

I guess the hunt continues.

2000 and 2001 come with a head that has a tendency to crack. 98 is fine, I have one, also have a 99. Personally I'd look for a 99.

XJ Wheeler
11-20-2016, 06:26 AM
Congrats man! A great one to build off, most assuredly! Love the color. Gunmetal blue, i believe its called. Some did come with a key fob. Mine was one, but it didn't work (of course!).