PDA

View Full Version : Welcome WrenchDevil6!!!

XJ Wheeler
10-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Hi WrenchDevil6, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

WrenchDevil6
10-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Hey guys!! I was a member here a couple of years ago. Tried to log in and discovered that I was most likely dumped from the database for being inactive.

Anywho... I have a 99 XJ that I purchased in 2013, that, unbeknownst to me, had a cracked head. Yes, a 0630 head, cracked. After saving, and a couple attempts at purchasing an engine, I finally got my new DA37 engine and I'm almost ready to drop it back in the engine bay (with new Brown Dog motor mounts, I might add).

I bought a donor 94 WJ, that has my motor in it, but after dismantling it to prep to pull it, I discovered that all the freeze plugs along the driver's side were popped out, and I just didn't want to trust it, let alone make the swap to only have to swap it again. So, I have a WJ that I'll pull the engine out of and rebuild to have, and probably scrap the rest.

Gonna put BF Goodrich KO2 235's on in a couple of weeks, and a new suspension with probably a 3" lift in the spring.

I bought a 93 XJ new from Blue Bonnet motors in New Braunfels, and gave it up in my first divorce. Imagine my pain when I finally got back into an XJ in 2013, only for it to have a crap engine. -_-

As I said, I was a member here, don't think I posted, just lurked and did my research. Been lurking for a long time and didn't feel like coming in and saying, "I'm going to do ________." Now that I'm neck deep in my upgrades, I can say "I am doing ________."

:D

I lurk on about 4 other XJ specific forums, but I always end up coming back here to get the best info and least amount of BS. I may or may not be terribly active, but I'm glad this place exists.

4.3LXJ
10-17-2016, 01:19 AM
Thanks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

XJ Wheeler
10-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Welcome back Hal! Sorry to hear about the motor, definitely not a fun surprise. Hope to see great progress with the jeep. I know how it is having the jeep down, haven't driven mine in almost 6 months!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

WrenchDevil6
10-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks, Jake!!
My oldest daughter got married to a good kid yesterday, so the last couple of days have been pretty much just cleaning parts until I had to get ready to go to dinner, or some other family gathering... It was quite excellent and she's happy. So... I'm happy. :D

I've been reading through some builds and getting the fever. LOL!! Adam's build was epic. I'm in the middle of Ryan's build now, and I think that I've read another long one (the name escapes me). Oh, and I bought my house today, so there's that.

Lots of things going on, and the hustle is relentless. I'll most likely go out and take some pix of the 99 with the heart still pulled out tomorrow. There are quite a few things that I'd like to do with the engine out, but money is hella tight with all that's been going on and I want her back on the road. I hear her weeping at night. You know how it is, it's terrible to just let them sit there. Poor babies. LOL!!

XJ Wheeler
10-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Jake!!
My oldest daughter got married to a good kid yesterday, so the last couple of days have been pretty much just cleaning parts until I had to get ready to go to dinner, or some other family gathering... It was quite excellent and she's happy. So... I'm happy. :D

I've been reading through some builds and getting the fever. LOL!! Adam's build was epic. I'm in the middle of Ryan's build now, and I think that I've read another long one (the name escapes me). Oh, and I bought my house today, so there's that.

Lots of things going on, and the hustle is relentless. I'll most likely go out and take some pix of the 99 with the heart still pulled out tomorrow. There are quite a few things that I'd like to do with the engine out, but money is hella tight with all that's been going on and I want her back on the road. I hear her weeping at night. You know how it is, it's terrible to just let them sit there. Poor babies. LOL!!

That is a full plate for sure! Congrats on your daughters wedding AND the new house! Moving on up!

I have the same problem. Everytime I need to fix something I think of ten things to do while I'm in there so but don't have the cash so it gets put off till I do. Lol. You'd think a headliner recover would be quick and easy, but no... Might as well do sound deadener on the roof, and get a factory overhead console to put in then, maybe a speaker bar too, oh, then everything NEEDS leds... that's why my build thread is called the lifelong build. [emoji13]

WrenchDevil6
10-18-2016, 08:49 PM
FINE!!! Now you have me considering sound deadening in the roof. JUST BECAUSE, when I put my basket on, it will cancel some of the gear rattle.

I'm just going to create a t-shirt that says, "Blame Jake." HA!!

Yeah, with all the renovating I'm going to do to the house, I may have to get a drop box for all the clandestine XJ parts and miscellany, that will trickle in... You know, just for my general well being. 0.0

XJ Wheeler
10-18-2016, 09:50 PM
FINE!!! Now you have me considering sound deadening in the roof. JUST BECAUSE, when I put my basket on, it will cancel some of the gear rattle.

I'm just going to create a t-shirt that says, "Blame Jake." HA!!

Yeah, with all the renovating I'm going to do to the house, I may have to get a drop box for all the clandestine XJ parts and miscellany, that will trickle in... You know, just for my general well being. 0.0

Lol, I can get headshots for the front. :D

It's tough on this site going through the day without finding something new to do! Between xjtalk and bleepinjeep on youtube I'll never get done with my list.

The box is a good idea. Switch the billing address too... Can't be too careful!