PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Buddha!!!

Brasscatz
09-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Hi Buddha, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Buddha
09-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Just was doing some Google searches for forums. Thank you for the welcome.

4.3LXJ
09-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Welcome Ron. Got any plans for your XJ?

Buddha
09-23-2016, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the welcome. I have a 2000 Jeep cherokee IL6 4.0. having some issues so i decided to search the ole web on Google and came across this site, so I sign up and here I am. I am not sure if my post either showed up. I am sure it will take me some time to figure this thing out. LOL

4.3LXJ
09-23-2016, 06:44 PM
I haven't seen your post. Just go to the top menue and click on the post button and type away and that will do it.

XJ Wheeler
09-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Welcome to xjtalk! I'm hopeful we can help you with your issues and get you fixed up. Bunch of folks on here that'll be glad to lend a thought or two.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Buddha
09-25-2016, 05:34 AM
Alrighty guys. I have been having issues with my 2000 Jeep cherokee. I have a loss of power issue and rough idle. I have recently changed the crank sensor and it helped in starting again. I go to put a load on(in gear), and there is absolutely no power, it starts to spit and sputter and backfire. I have put a new coil pack on and new plugs, according to the ECM codes, no change. Yesterday I tried a new MAP sensor, no change, tried a new Idle air control, no change. Then a new code came up with a miss fire in cyl #5, so i put the old coil pack back on, still no change and still a miss fire in the same cyl. so hoping today, i am going to change the plug and see what happens and do a compression test to make sure I didnt blow the headgasket. I did a fuel pressure test and it was perfect and no leak down in 5 minutes. I am getting out of ideas and need some more of what to check. this is a fairly new motor. I rebuilt it 47,000 miles ago and bored it .030 over for a little more hp. it starts just fine with the rough idle, but bring up the RPMs and it smoothes out. if I missed anything to check, let me know PLEASE.....Thanks guys.

4.3LXJ
09-25-2016, 09:05 AM
how long since the O2 sensors were changed?

Buddha
09-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Those never showed up on a code. I dont run cheap crap in this motor. nothing but Premium with no ethanol. I know if an O2 sensor was bad it will kick the engine light, never has.

4.3LXJ
09-25-2016, 10:15 AM
The O2 sensor code is only generated with a bad heater or if it is disconnected. They do wear out over time and need to be replaced periodically. Just about everyone doesn't. But a worn out O2 sensor will cause the fuel air mixture to be lean or rich and give the symptoms you are having. You did mention that at start up it is better or not there at all. Once the ECM starts relying on a warm sensor for info it appears, right?

Buddha
09-27-2016, 06:21 PM
I have check the sensors and they are still good. Starting is no problem, just a rough idle from 700-1200 RPMsm then it smooths off and runs like it should. put a load on it and will not get over 2000 rpms with out spit, sputter and some back fire. I am going to be putting new plugs in and see how that works. I may have gotten bad plugs from the seller. old and new coil do the same thing with the misfire. This issue will raise its ugly head pretty soon. I am trying to keep it simple so I dont go crazy, lol :)

bluedragon436
09-29-2016, 02:48 AM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! O2 sensors are a constant fight with Jeeps as a whole I think.. Got one on my XJ that is always randomly popping up... and even more so, with my GF's LJ.. we've replaced all 4 of them... and they worked great for a few months... now it's back to randomly popping up with random O2 sensor errors.. so annoying... and they are so picky sometimes.....