PDA

View Full Version : Welcome alxjalmeida!!!

Brasscatz
09-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Hi alxjalmeida, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

alxjalmeida
09-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Hi folks! I was brought to these forums as a long time Jeep Owner that strayed away for several years and am now back in the Jeep family with a 2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock on order. Should be getting delivery mid October. The wait is killiing me. ;)

I have been listening (catching up currently by binge listening) to the Jeep Talk Show, and enjoy it a lot, I find the topics around Tammy's adventures with the JKU most helpful because I feel those will apply most to me obviously, but recently hearing about Josh's Lightbar install is also helpful as I plan on picking a roof rack system for the JKU and want one that accepts a 50" light bar as well.

I am a Ham (Technician Class, KA1UUF) and am looking to get a mobile rig installed as well. So find any info that Tony brings up on Ham Installs etc. helpful as well.

In fact I am interested to find out details Tony on your Ham Rig inside your XJ.

And as Nicki (sp?) G says.... "Alright folks, I'll chatcha later...." ;) Love the Nicki G segments... :)

Thanks All!
Alex

4.3LXJ
09-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Welcome Alex. Sounds like the Jeep bug has bitten you already and you haven't even got it yet. Jeeps are always so much fun to customize

alxjalmeida
09-11-2016, 03:52 PM
Welcome Alex. Sounds like the Jeep bug has bitten you already and you haven't even got it yet. Jeeps are always so much fun to customize

Yes it has. I come from a Jeep Family. When I was a kid my parents bought an '89 XJ (or maybe it was a '91) and then when I went off to college, I bought and drove a WJ and my sister drove and then totaled (sigh) a WJ as well.

My mom currently drives a WK "mall crawler" and this will be my first time back into Jeep with a JKU.

Cheated on Jeep for a bit with a couple of Subaru Outbacks and am looking forward to taking delivery of the Jeep and finally getting into some real off-roading.

Thanks for the welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
09-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Outbacks are OK. You might be surprised where I have had mine :D

alxjalmeida
09-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Outbacks are OK. You might be surprised where I have had mine :D

Outbacks are more capable than most people think, but they are NO Jeep. But I know some folks really push the limits of what they can do. :) Would love to hear the stories sometimes.

4.3LXJ
09-11-2016, 08:06 PM
I have a little rock rash on mine, nothing serious. Just not the ground clearance of the lifted XJ. I took it up into the High Lakes Recreation area when my XJ was down

XJ Wheeler
09-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Glad you have come to your senses! [emoji14]

Welcome to the site and I bet that new jku is gonna be a beauty. What color did you get? I always liked how they offered the desert tan option akin to the former jeep military past.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

alxjalmeida
09-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Glad you have come to your senses! [emoji14]

Welcome to the site and I bet that new jku is gonna be a beauty. What color did you get? I always liked how they offered the desert tan option akin to the former jeep military past.

Went for the Granite Crystal Gray. I agree the Tan was a good option but I decided to go with the darker color as I like how sharp it looks.

I am also looking to this Jeep as also starting to not be afraid to take out the wrench and customize and enhance my vehicle... Do my own oil changes etc...

XJ Wheeler
09-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Went for the Granite Crystal Gray. I agree the Tan was a good option but I decided to go with the darker color as I like how sharp it looks.

I am also looking to this Jeep as also starting to not be afraid to take out the wrench and customize and enhance my vehicle... Do my own oil changes etc...

To be honest I probably would have made a similar decision. I like my vehicles to shine, especially a new one. I get grief for my shiny xj. :D

It's a great way to learn and the mechanical knowledge is invaluable when you need it. A few years back I bought an old bronco 2, the little one, knowing it had either a cracked head or head gasket problems. Although for a bit less of a buy in price of $300. My goal was to learn about motors and vehicles in general really. I ended up doing a sort of top end rebuild and both heads were in fact cracked. Learned a ton and now I'm much more confrtable with engine work. Although I still have a long way to go to actually knowing what I'm doing with the internals. [emoji14]

Anyways, kudos on taking the initiative and good luck with the build. Hope to see the parts and wrenches start flying!