PDA

View Full Version : Welcome worknprogress!!!

bluedragon436
08-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Hi worknprogress, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

worknprogress
08-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Thanks Bluedragon for the warm welcome. I have a 2000 XJ, green of course. Got it a 4.5in RC N2.0 lift about to get my new 33s with 1.5in spacers. Just trying to work out the kinks of it now being a lifted rig. Should get axles and silp yoke going soon. Its got a long way to go, still fun tho. It is my frist Jeep so I'm learning as I go, and that's not very much so far. But loving it so far. Ill get a picture of it on my profile for all to see soon.

XJ Wheeler
08-28-2016, 10:42 PM
Nice place to start. Mine's running a r.e. 4.5" lift with 33s as well. Lifting these things changes so many parts of the vehicle. Steering geometry, suspension angles, pinion angles, etc that it may take a bit to get it right as rain. But there's plenty of people here to help ya learn if you so desire. I've been here nearing five years and have learned so much. This site is an excellent tool in aiding the building of knowledge. ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

worknprogress
08-29-2016, 02:34 AM
Yeah that's what I'm figuring out now. It started vibrating when I accelerate a couple days ago. I don't have cash to do the slip yoke yet, so I got down there and greased a bit. Just to lotion my baby up. She likes it. It seemed to hold off the noise it makes, but after a couple hrs drive it starts back up. I also have a weird dip or shift when I turn from a stop, thinking track bars. While I was greasing I noticed a bushing had pretty good split. the grease took no time to start pushing out would that be the cause of the sway? None the less it still needs replaced, all the rest looked to be whole. This lift is only about 2 mos old so a little discouraging. Honestly tho, besides that it drives rather well. on smooth roads almost like stock.

XJ Wheeler
08-29-2016, 12:56 PM
You can do what's called a transfer case drop that is essentially just spacers that go between the "frame" and transmission crossmember to lower the rear of the drivetrain, reducing the driveline angle and helping vibes. I've been running one for 12 years. Although the sye is the best option, and if you can afford it I would surely go that way as you don't loose ground clearance that way. But there's nothing wrong with the t-case drop.

The trackbar has a lot to do with locating the front end from side to side so yes, I definitely think that could be your issue. These jeeps are tempermental about their trackbars so it's best to keep them tip top. Also look at the sway bar bushings. Pretty much no lift kits replacing them and they wallow out over time. I was surprised how much tighter mine felt when I replaced them a few years ago. And did your kit replace all four control arms? If not, check those bushings as well.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Pinkyman
08-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Welcome! I am also running about 4" and 33s, and am familiar with the frustrations of trying to sort out a rig. Ive gone through all that, and with the help from this site, ive almost got mine sorted a year later.

These guys are great, you will learn that. And dont ever be afraid to ask questions.

Now on to those pictures please :)

worknprogress
09-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the replies all, great help!! I'm just going to save every extra dollar the next couple pay checks and get the sye kit with drv-sfts really not too expensive for what it does. I found a couple under $300. Also I put new tires on it this week (BFG A/T 33s) and it took a lot of my vibration away. I still feel the drv-sft vibrate a little when I accelerate and it sounds like a cricket, lol. Seriously tho exactly like a cricket. So I've decided to name her Cricket. May need to change sex to him to fit best. I don't care if that's weird, it felt natural and I like to keep it outside the norm. Any thoughts on this very important subject?? #boyorgirl

4.3LXJ
09-06-2016, 07:45 PM
It is whatever you prefer on that. No world wide precedent for a Jeep, like naming ships girls

worknprogress
09-07-2016, 12:04 AM
It is whatever you prefer on that. No world wide precedent for a Jeep, like naming ships girls
its a dude sad to say! Cricket is a dudes name. Only need to change the way I talk us out of a pinch. You have a name for yours moderator?

4.3LXJ
09-07-2016, 09:06 AM
I have one in mind. I need to paint it first, then it will be a unique color related name