PDA

View Full Version : T-fitting kit for trans temp guage

tonybeirut
08-08-2016, 06:20 AM
Hi, I installed a Hayden cooler today for the trans, will ship a jeep brand trans and oil temp gauges from autometer with the pod but i need the T-Fitting full kit for the trans oil rail (like the kit that comes with B&M) , B&M doesn't sell it separate and couldnt find the kit online stores. Maybe someone can help me finding a seller online for the kit i dont want to install the temp sensor at the trans oil pan. Im shiping to beirut/lebanon by the way.

4.3LXJ
08-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Those should be standard pipe fittings. I did something similar on my B&M cooler. Standard pipe threads for the US. So you should be able to order those fittings if they are not available where you are

tonybeirut
08-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Those should be standard pipe fittings. I did something similar on my B&M cooler. Standard pipe threads for the US. So you should be able to order those fittings if they are not available where you are

That's what I'm Looking for. The fittings size, compression fitting size, sender unit... The whole kit to install on the Trans oil lines but without the B&M gauge.

4.3LXJ
08-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Normally when installing a cooler, the thing to do is to cut the ends off the current lines and use barb fittings and hose to connect from the lines to the cooler. Trans line size is 3/8" tubing. The fitting size on the cooler is probably 1/2" pipe, but I would need to see it to tell for sure. Once you get the stuff you can measure it and we can know for sure.

tonybeirut
08-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Normally when installing a cooler, the thing to do is to cut the ends off the current lines and use barb fittings and hose to connect from the lines to the cooler. Trans line size is 3/8" tubing. The fitting size on the cooler is probably 1/2" pipe, but I would need to see it to tell for sure. Once you get the stuff you can measure it and we can know for sure.

The cooler is already installed. A Hayden one. So I need the t fittings kit to install a jeep brand temp gauge for the Trans.
Ned to know the parts and sizes for the t fitting kit before I buy and ship to Lebanon.

4.3LXJ
08-08-2016, 08:25 AM
I understand what you want, but I am guessing on the temp gauge sending unit size. I really don't know. You will have to make some measurements for me, otherwise I would be just guessing. Are you installing the temp gauge on the line or at the fittings at the cooler?

tonybeirut
08-08-2016, 08:34 AM
I understand what you want, but I am guessing on the temp gauge sending unit size. I really don't know. You will have to make some measurements for me, otherwise I would be just guessing. Are you installing the temp gauge on the line or at the fittings at the cooler?

Installing on the line It's a 3.8" line so the t fitting is 3.8". The sender unit is 1/8 npt. I got those from B&M manual. Still need the coupler size for the sender and th slide nut and ring rise.

tonybeirut
08-08-2016, 09:11 AM

Ok so i found those at summit:
3/8 t-fitting
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edd-164600

1/8 sender unit (as per B&M manual its a 1/8 NPT)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-280ed-f

Adapter nut for the sender (1/8 to 3/8)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-822650d

What do you think?

4.3LXJ
08-08-2016, 09:18 AM
So you are using this compression fitting to mount the sensor? If that is the case, this won't work. You need a T fitting to fit those pipe threads of the sensor adaptor. You will need a standard 3?8 pipe fitting. That will fit the 3/8 sensor adaptor. Then you will need to adapt from 3/8 pipe down to the compression fitting. You will need those three pieces minimum to make it work