PDA

View Full Version : Hub spacer install

packmule1911
07-14-2016, 07:02 AM
Dumba$$ post alert:

Needed tires. Running 15" wheels. Couldn't buy new, and bigger used 15" options around here are nill. Found five 2007 JK wheels with like-new Kumho Pathfinder S A/T tires on them for a great price. THe wheels are 16" which will help with tire selection in the future, and the Kumho's are a little bigger; both of which I wanted. I did NOT even think about checking to see what the bolt pattern was.

So, I've ordered 1.25" thick hub spacers to go from the XJ's 5x4.5 to the new wheels 5x5. I don't have them in hand yet, and wanted to ask a question ahead of time since I'm currently missing my due-diligence skills.

How do the current studs and nuts not interfere with the backside of the wheel? I see the recessed area, but it doesn't look like enough. I'm assuming that I'd use the bare-bones low profile nuts to secure the adapter to the hub, and then use the current (nicer) nuts to the secure the wheels.

Anyone using adapters who'd shed some light on this?

I ordered two pairs of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019XBQ6UE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4.3LXJ
07-14-2016, 07:29 AM
They generally come with the right nuts. 1.25" is the least that can be used and clear the nuts.

packmule1911
07-18-2016, 12:30 PM
All done. Spacers seem to be good quality. Looks better, and drives better.

abebehrmann
07-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Dang, that's a darn good deal for 4 hub-centric wheel adapters. Sure makes all those JK take-offs I see on Craigslist look a whole lot more appealing!

packmule1911
07-18-2016, 01:26 PM
Other than my failure to measure the lug pattern ahead of time, I'm really happen with them. I think they look pretty sharp in black and without the center caps. Better than what used to be there anyway.

packmule1911
08-02-2016, 01:35 PM
makes all those JK take-offs I see on Craigslist look a whole lot more appealing!
That's what I thought, but before I knew I needed the spacers. I got 5 like-new wheels, with nearly new Kumho Pathfinder's for $300. I sold what was on there for $100. I understand I had room for a good bit more than the 245's, but they work. A little bigger next time, and now that I have 16" wheels the options for tires will be much better.