PDA

View Full Version : Welcome EvilBunny!!!

XJ Wheeler
06-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Hi EvilBunny, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

EvilBunny
06-20-2016, 08:29 AM
I've been eyeing jeeps for a while so I sold the lifted 4runner I had and bought this project to be able to take out hopefully pretty soon once I get it fixed up a bit Its fairly rough cosmetically (rattle can job) but its got a lift and a bunch of upgrades like a new larger radiator and etc. Pretty excited about this project but am not all that knowledgeable about cars and how to fix them but hope to learn quickly. I've got alot of plans for it and am open to suggestions on what to do first.

prerunner1982
06-20-2016, 08:53 AM
welcome. We've got a number of knowledgeable members here and don't worry there is no such thing as a stupid question.

As far as the rattle can paint job, those are the best if it's a trail Jeep. If you scratch it up a bit, no worries just take out the can and touch it up.

EvilBunny
06-20-2016, 09:00 AM
welcome. We've got a number of knowledgeable members here and don't worry there is no such thing as a stupid question.

As far as the rattle can paint job, those are the best if it's a trail Jeep. If you scratch it up a bit, no worries just take out the can and touch it up.
I plan on using it for a bit of both daily driving as well as taking it somewhere fun as much as I can. I've gotten my heart set on a full lime green body with all the parts flat black though. :D

bluedragon436
06-20-2016, 04:06 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! Looks like a pretty decent base to build up off of... Lime green XJ's look pretty good... I had found one a little while back and loved the look of it... But wouldn't go with my color theme I got going on with my XJ, so am still trying to figure out what color I want to go, if/when I get it repainted!!

XJ Wheeler
06-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Welcome! Nice looking jeep you got there. They're pretty easy to work on with, admittedly, a few quirks. Since yours is a "renix" xj (87-90 featuring ignition, emssion, fuel injection parts as a combined effort from RENault and bendIX). Those are a little different. They're not obd 1 or 2 but pretty easy to diagnose electrical/sensor issues with a multimeter.

You're front axle is a dana 30 CAD (Central Axle Disconnect) that uses vacuum to connect a two piece inner axle shaft on the passenger side of the front axle when you engage 4x4. It can be a little problematic because the vacuum line ages and cracks. Easy and cheap to replace them if you have a problem though. You can also delete it with a newer one piece shaft and a plate to cover the tube where the unit bolts to the axle.

You're rear axle is most likely a dana 35 non c-clip (last year for the non c-clip which is a little better). Although you may be blessed with the always sought after and much stronger dana 44. Just peak under the back and look at the diff cover. The 35 is a oval shape with no points and the 44 is more pointed on the top and bottom.

Keep an eye on your injectors. The renix ones are known to leak. In fact, my brother has a '90 that had a couple leak at seperate times. If that happens, don't worry, it's a great time to upgrade to four hole injectors.

All this info is of course if yours still has the stock pieces. ;)

We're happy to help. We all started somewhere and let me tell you, having a good group to feed you info makes a huge difference!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

MattybPDX
06-21-2016, 12:04 AM
The most important thing to keep in mind, whatever you do we need pictures!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
06-26-2016, 10:43 AM
I've been eyeing jeeps for a while so I sold the lifted 4runner I had and bought this project to be able to take out hopefully pretty soon once I get it fixed up a bit Its fairly rough cosmetically (rattle can job) but its got a lift and a bunch of upgrades like a new larger radiator and etc. Pretty excited about this project but am not all that knowledgeable about cars and how to fix them but hope to learn quickly. I've got alot of plans for it and am open to suggestions on what to do first.

Facebook does something to their images where you can't just grab the link, and use it somewhere else. That's why your picture didn't show up in the post. :(

4.3LXJ
06-26-2016, 01:00 PM
If you can get it to a computer desk top, then you can link from there

EvilBunny
06-26-2016, 04:46 PM
https://s31.postimg.org/4pcpenduj/IMG_20160619_182243.jpg fixed it

MattybPDX
06-26-2016, 05:26 PM
If you can get it to a computer desk top, then you can link from there
I use the tapatalk app and you can upload straight from your phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk