PDA

View Full Version : Got a tech question,,,

dondale13
06-13-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm working on a 2000 cherokee 4wd 4.0 I6. Replaced the vacuum hose above the gas tank for the evap system (that was fun) Now I get trouble codes for the egr valve and a couple others. I'm kinda confused! Does this vehicle have an egr valve? If so, Where? I sure can't find it!:bang:

4.3LXJ
06-13-2016, 03:09 PM
The 2000 does not have one. Try disconnecting the battery and touching the cables together to reset the ECM and go from there

dondale13
06-13-2016, 03:16 PM
I disconnected the batt for about 5mins, but didn't touch the cables together. Trying to reset the ecm with my obdII code reader it resets the P0445 but then I get the strange codes (like for egr, don't have one!) Disconnecting the batt clears all the codes, but I'm worried they may come back before I can get to the E Check office, ahh crap! I know I got the evap system repaired

cpttuna
06-13-2016, 03:25 PM
All my jeeps have modified exhausts like the one pictured on Cpttuna mods on this site. I just checked my 98 and the hanger behind the muffler attaches just forward and towards the center a couple of inches from the top of the rear shock. there is like a thicker piece of metal that curves towards the top of the shock back there. It looks like a nice hanger with thick rubber on it. Sorry, nothing to take a picture with.