PDA

View Full Version : Buddy With the Garage... Deployed

Infidel Edition
05-14-2016, 12:19 PM
I was going to use my friends garage to pull the suspension off my '89 and switch everything over to my '93. ~ he extended the offer before he left and I know the alarm code.... :patriot:
But he left 1/2 assembled engines and car stuff everywhere. :cry:
So now I need to find another place to do the swap :confused:

The guy at OReilly is an XJ fan... but rolled his a few years back. And has since been promoted to a different location across town.
He's offered to have me come over and wrench on our XJ's. Says he's got tons of tools
I'm thinking about hitting him up to see if he'll help me do the swap
............and in exchange, he can have the '89 with clean title.

Sucks not having a garage to work in :jail:

cantab27
05-14-2016, 02:02 PM
where theres a will theres a way brother......................

XJ Wheeler
05-14-2016, 09:40 PM
That's a good bartering system! :D

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Infidel Edition
05-15-2016, 10:20 AM
That's a good bartering system! :D

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

I just havent seen him in a long while ~ so I can only hope he'd still be interested.
:poke:

bluedragon436
05-16-2016, 09:30 AM
Hope that works out well for you Dave!! If nothing else.. if you have the tools to be able to tackle the swap over... look into renting a storage unit... I rent a storage unit and use it as a garage.. it is about double the size of my current excuse for a garage... and free power never hurts!! I can run my loud ass compressor and music @ whatever time day or night I want and work on my stuff... Just another thought... especially if you figure you wouldn't even need it for a complete month... so 1 month's rent wouldn't' be too bad for a place to work on stuff...

Infidel Edition
05-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Hope that works out well for you Dave!! If nothing else.. if you have the tools to be able to tackle the swap over... look into renting a storage unit... I rent a storage unit and use it as a garage.. it is about double the size of my current excuse for a garage... and free power never hurts!! I can run my loud ass compressor and music @ whatever time day or night I want and work on my stuff... Just another thought... especially if you figure you wouldn't even need it for a complete month... so 1 month's rent wouldn't' be too bad for a place to work on stuff...

Good call.
I did that a couple years ago (like 5 or 6 years ago) when I was rebuilding a '69 K5... turned into 18 months... :bang: but a suspension swap shouldn't take that long.

bluedragon436
05-17-2016, 05:17 AM
I pretty much did a suspension swap on my 97, as the PO did an amazing hack job on the suspension setup he had installed on it... so I completely removed and replaced it all.. and all in all doing pretty much by myself took me roughly 3 days.. would have done it faster had I been at my storage unit, but was using a friends garage, so didn't want to be @ his house too late into the night, nor too early in the AM..