PDA

View Full Version : Fender Bender?

Mudderoy
05-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Except it wasn't a fender and my Jeep was the bender...

He wouldn't exchange information so we had to wait for the police. Police told him if they filed a report they'd have to write him a ticket. Unbelievable that people think that if they want in your lane and signal (or so he said) that it's your fault if you don't stop when they come over.

Let that be a lesson to you kids.

abebehrmann
05-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Glad your Jeep still looks mint Tony. His little Toy on the other hand...

prerunner1982
05-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Damn man.... I see now why you have armor. It's certainly not for offroading, but it sure sees it's share of hard knocks.

xj-jake
05-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Could I see your driver's license, insurance, registration?

GoneWithTheWind
05-02-2016, 01:56 PM
I think your bumper just paid for itself! :beer:

Pinkyman
05-02-2016, 03:04 PM
I absolutely love the fact that your Xj comes about halfway up his window..... Sure takes away the excuse that he didnt see you :D

Im glad you and your Jeep are alright!

4.3LXJ
05-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Man Tony, you are just going to have to quite hogging your lane. Don't you know you have to give it up anytime anyone wants to be where you are/ :D

Seriously though, we have the same thing here. People drive with their head up their ass. Didn't want to exchange info? Was he a legal resident? Did he have insurance?

cpttuna
05-02-2016, 03:23 PM
no habla

blazer2
05-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Gotta love a good bumper.
Glad your xj is ok

bluedragon436
05-02-2016, 11:51 PM
I have been very happy with my armor, as it gives me peace of mind when driving around Delaware... since folks like to do the same crap... they just for some odd reason have to be where you are, while you're still there... and they very rarely ever make use of turn signals, and if they do... it's like they turn it on, and they're already half into your lane... Glad that you and your XJ are still in good shape!!

Mudderoy
05-03-2016, 01:38 AM
Glad your Jeep still looks mint Tony. His little Toy on the other hand...

lol don't be jelly! :smiley-taunt002:

Mudderoy
05-03-2016, 01:39 AM
Could I see your driver's license, insurance, registration?

lol tried. It was an accident that could have just been a transfer of information and go, but he wouldn't give me that info, hence the police involvement.

Mudderoy
05-03-2016, 01:40 AM
Damn man.... I see now why you have armor. It's certainly not for offroading, but it sure sees it's share of hard knocks.

Speaking of jelly.... :P

Mudderoy
05-03-2016, 01:43 AM
Man Tony, you are just going to have to quite hogging your lane. Don't you know you have to give it up anytime anyone wants to be where you are/ :D

Seriously though, we have the same thing here. People drive with their head up their ass. Didn't want to exchange info? Was he a legal resident? Did he have insurance?

Once the police arrived and told him he was going to get a ticket if they filed a report he was very agreeable and I took pictures of his insurance and driver's license.

Sometimes people get mad about dumb things they do and they won't admit they're wrong until they have to. I dunno. He either believe he was in the right, or just just wanted to have some control over the situation.

Mudderoy
05-03-2016, 01:44 AM
no habla

Nope he spoke English perfectly well. I would guess that he was either born in the U.S. or came her as a small child.

Mudderoy
05-03-2016, 01:48 AM
Gotta love a good bumper.
Glad your xj is ok

Thanks! Times like this when you want a bolt on side extension though. Such a surreal site seeing this guy just drift over and into my Jeep. His head was literally eye level with my fender. No telling how many times he's done this and people slammed on their brakes and honked, or got up along side and gave the mean stares.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's legal.

I could have stopped, but frankly by the time I was CERTAIN he was going to pull back into his lane, contact had already been made.

Looking at the first image I think that after contact was made, and mind you we were going 1 mph (literally) he must have turned into me. There is NO reason his vehicle should have been at that angle otherwise. I think the guy was thinking payday.

Mudderoy
05-03-2016, 01:55 AM
Quick whinney post.

I know is common for us to make jokes about illegals, which primarily means Latin people. I used to make comments that I thought were harmless, but I found it did "mildly" offend my wife. She came here legally with her family when she was in 3rd grade.

We've been married many years and not only is she my wife, she's a great friend. She's a much better person than I am. I do plenty of things that upset her, hell I'm a husband, but casting dispersions on Latin people isn't one of them, at least I try not to.

I ask that you guys consider thinking about your comments and how it might make a fellow Jeeper that happens to be of Latin decent here on the site.

Nothing wrong with asking if someone was illegal, but it can be done with respect or not.

I'm not always respectful either, so don't think I think I'm above all this, I'm not. Just call me on it when I am and I'll try to correct it.

Thanks guys!