PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday XJ Wheeler

Mudderoy
04-23-2016, 12:15 AM
1 member is celebrating their birthday on 04-23-2016:

-XJ Wheeler (http://www.xjtalk.com/member.php?u=2127) (born in 1988, Age: 28)

Happy Birthday!

cpttuna
04-23-2016, 06:14 AM
Happy B-Day to you
To Jesus be true
May God richly bless you
Another year through

oderdene
04-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Happy birthday bro, :happybirthday:

4.3LXJ
04-23-2016, 11:12 AM
:happybirthday:

Have a good one Jake

Pookapotamus
04-23-2016, 01:24 PM
Happy birthday!!!

Having 4WD means getting stuck in more inaccessible places!

abebehrmann
04-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Happy Birthday Jake!

I would say I hope you get some new Jeep parts and tools but I'm pretty sure I remember reading you already got these things as an early b-day present.

Carves
04-23-2016, 05:45 PM
:smiley-greet002:

Outlaw star
04-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Happy Belated Birthday!

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

XJ Wheeler
04-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys! Sorry for the delay!

Didn't come in till 2am the night before getting my xj back together and the new tires put on so I could use it that day.

Made it a day of new experiences, although missed one of the planned events (classic/exotic car auction). But had fun otherwise!

I don't have much experience with many types of cars and trucks. Mostly jeeps and a little bit with 1ton trucks but otherwise nill. So I wanted to drive some fast rides. :D

In a previous day (and online viewing) I saw a used cts-v caddy at one of the local ford dealers. Got there, and it was sold, as well as the other one they said they had. But... the guy said they had an audi around back that someone high up had been driving (and noted many times they would clean it). Okay... hey might as well look.

Bam! 2015 audi RS7! I've been kinda ignorant to the specifics of audi, and focused on their edgy looks. But thats all changed now! This things reads like a dream car. 4.0 v8, twin turbos, 560hp 516 torgue, awd, dynamic suspension, carbon brakes. $130k new. Although, they were very paranoid about anyone driving it so they only let me stroll it around the lot. I stuck to it, especially since i wanted to drive something else and not get thrown out. Still the best thing I've ever driven. I like creature comforts but always kinda figured these new cars chocked full of needless amenities is pointless and will lead to issues and high repair bills in a few years. But no more! The window lowered a 1/4" when I opened the door, and shut after its closing. Upon startup, the steering wheel came closer to me, as to say "Let's do this!", as well as the center screen comes up and out of the dash, tweeters smoothly erect in the top corners of the dash, and the seat bolsters hug you tighter to fill you with a sense of safety. The brakes were heavenly. Smooth, yet firm and you feel they may be powerful enough to actually stop the earth rotation. The steering was so precise and crisp, there wasn't even a millimeter of play and so very smooth. The features inside this car were plentiful in the least. It would take me hours to figure all the workings of the buttons and knobs. I spent over a minute just trying to get the vent speed lower... and gave up. And the heads-up display, projecting the speed onto the windshield. AWESOME! But in all, my absolutely favorite thing about this car... startup. Press and hold brake, push start button near shifter (wait a second or two) and this beast releases the most GLORIOUS burbling growl I've ever heard. It was addicting for sure. I shut off and crank it four time in a row, not wanting to push the salesman too far. Although, I don't see how ANYONE could get tired of that purr.

Now, my goal in life is to have one of my own.

When we were riding around I saw another vehicle I've been found of and dreamed of driving.

2014 Raptor 6.2! Less than 17k miles. This one they had no problem letting me loose on. Drove nice and crisply. The suspension was stiffer than I expected a rig built for flight but it's not a purpose built rig and has to be street first, dunes second. The size was surprisingly a non issue. Being 8 inches wider (iirc) than the typical f150 I thought for sure it would cause nerves of mush but not the case. Didn't even notice, and all curbs kept their grubby mitts off the tires. I will have to put it down a little as I was a bit displeased with the 6.2s power. The weight of the truck just kept it from showing much in the way of speed. I even got to near full throttle after coming around the u-turn and it did get up, just didn't go. Only slightly faster than a kept up xj I would say. Just expected more from "411hp 434lbs/ft torque".

And for the feature presentation we drove out to a drive in theater somewhat nearby I found out about a while back. Always wanted to hit up one and this was my opputunity! But, when we got there it was over halfway into the first movie (double feature) with a bunch of signs that said it was sold out with the gates closed. After some begging, we got in. Albeit in the far back. But, at intermission a bunch of people left so we moved much closer and it was pretty cool. A few dumbos that didn't realize to turn off their engines though. Oh, and the movie was "the boss". (Don't bother, didn't even chuckle once)

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

prerunner1982
04-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Happy belated Birthday sir. Looks like you had a good time.

NC_Xplorer
04-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Happy Belated Birthday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk