PDA

View Full Version : Engine out/tranny out now what?

rriddle
04-11-2016, 10:34 PM
so after 333700 miles decided to refurbish the beast, waiting for engine to come back, cleaned tranny new seals and new seals on xfer case, while I have all this room anything else I should do maintence to or /add on,

cantab27
04-11-2016, 10:57 PM
cooling system ...exhaust/ muffler ...heater core maybe......engine tranny mounts ...degrease the engine bay...............

rriddle
04-11-2016, 11:01 PM
new condenser and lines ordered along with new compressor, anything underbody

nickyg
04-12-2016, 01:29 PM
With the engine out of the way you can easily locate this lil fella and give him a new home. It seems JEEP/AMC factory installs one on every vehicle.

Thank god the original designer/artist gave him pants.

OldFaurt
04-13-2016, 08:22 PM
so after 333700 miles decided to refurbish the beast, waiting for engine to come back, cleaned tranny new seals and new seals on xfer case, while I have all this room anything else I should do maintence to or /add on,

You might consider checking the xfer case chain/belt and the plastic tips on the shift forks!
When they wear out, your xfer case will jump out of 4x4 and or low / high range.

Couldn't hurt and parts are cheep, getting the stuff on and off the Jeep is the pain!

jamdeeper
04-22-2016, 10:56 PM
While mine was out, I painted the engine bay with rattle can bed liner. If you're bored. Motor mounts are a good idea. Check breather hoses on axle and trans. Good time to swap to a Durango steering box with all the room. And/or box brace. Just a few things..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk