PDA

View Full Version : Chassis harness and SAM module removal

xjforpj
04-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Hi guy's
While installing a cage in my 91' it was decided to replace the OME dash with a custom AL unit with all new gauges, ign switch and toggles. In doing so I cut out a lot of non essentials including the SAM unit and now I cant get the motor to run. It fires up but dies right away. I think, it has something to do with the SAM. Possible a signal to the auto shut down relay? Has any one done this mod before and how did you by pass the SAM module? I've been staring at my OME wiring diagrams for days now and have tried a few things but I'm failing miserably...HELP! :bang:

4.3LXJ
04-10-2016, 06:54 PM
SAM module?

bluedragon436
04-10-2016, 08:45 PM
SAM module?

Guessing he's talking about the Body Control Module... I know some European companies (well at least Mercedes) call them SAM modules (not real sure what SAM stands for on them though).. So I assume that is the module he's referring too..

xjforpj
04-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Its in the OEM shop manuals as the Security Alarm Module, or SAM for short. It's the OEM alarm system that interfaces with just about all the electronics. For instance, when its triggered it flashes the lights, honks the horn, triggers an engine shut down somehow. Most XJ's will have them. Its under the dash to the right of the steering column.

4.3LXJ
04-11-2016, 09:47 AM
And you have removed it? Have you wired directly to the ASD from the ignition switch?

xjforpj
04-12-2016, 12:08 PM
I have jumped the relay but no go. I will try send power directly to the relay.
Thanks for the tip