PDA

View Full Version : Connector issues

itsleewelch
04-10-2016, 11:34 AM
blower motor in my jeep does not work:
motor tested ok, fuses ok, relay behind glovebox ok, resistor pack ok, i have no power to the hvac controls, whatsoever.
PO stated heater cores was replaced before i got it, there are 3 connectors in passenger side floor board that are unhooked with no mates. any idea what they are and what they connect to?

this is on the fuse block, 3 prong connector.
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/itsleewelch/IMG_20160409_192400715_zps1mtbyn0m.jpg

this one is connected to the main harness that runs along the firewall
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/itsleewelch/IMG_20160409_192324852_zps6mmmvzps.jpg

this one is attached to the harness that connects to the fuse block
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/itsleewelch/IMG_20160409_192250836_zpsignafh0q.jpg

any help would be appreciated, ive checked various wiring diagrams that really havent gotten me anywhere and i refuse to take it to a shop.

thanks in advance to anyone able to shed light in on this

4.3LXJ
04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
The blower motor circuit is usually 14 ga wires, and don't have a plug between the fuse panel and heater controls. But if you pull the bezel, you will probably find that the plug on the blower switch is probably fried

bluedragon436
04-10-2016, 08:59 PM
I was wondering what year rig you have.... I'm almost wondering if the plugs by the fuse panel aren't the ones for overheat console, or the factor remote keyless entry system (which may not be installed on your XJ... Can't remember for sure which plugs it was when I did my overheat console install...

itsleewelch
04-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Yeah I was wondering if it was for something that wasn't installed. Mine is a 97, and literally bare bones, manual everything.

bluedragon436
04-10-2016, 10:14 PM
I am pretty sure the 8 & 10 pin are for sure from OHC, can't tell for sure with the 3 pin plug, as I can't really see inside the plug..

prerunner1982
04-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Mine is a 97, and literally bare bones, manual everything.

You will likely find a lot of bare plugs behind the dash and trim panels. Both of mine are pretty bare bone sport models so I am always finding lonely orphan plugs.

Jeep used the same harness on all models, makes it easier to add options both at the factory and now after the fact.

My 93 only came with one set of speakers in the front doors. After 20 years nobody had ever thought to take the panel off the hatch (where the rear speakers go) to find that there were speaker plugs there. They were already wired to the radio and all. The power wires for the rear wiper motor are also there, but I haven't added that yet though it may be on the list as it would be nice to have.

Sorry, I sure typed a lot for not answering your question at all.
Have you taken the dash apart to see if the hvac controls are plugged in and if not what type of plug you are looking for? If it is plugged in you could see fi you are getting power there and determine if the hvac controls may be at fault (probably not likely, but possible).

itsleewelch
04-14-2016, 07:47 PM
sorry for the late reply, yeah i compared the plugs to one at the junkyard and they are def just orphan plugs. yes ive pulled the hvac control unit and checked nearly everything from the central juntion box and power distribution as well. bench tested the motor and its ok, blower motor relay ok, all the pins in c209 (green connector) ok, but the wiring to the blower motor was completely botched so i rewired it. i have constant 12v switched 12v and ground at the blower motor relay, but the weather went south and work has had me on 12s so i havent had time to look any further. also noticed the rear wiper seems to be stuck on, so i just pulled the fuse. im not even worried about that thing right now.