PDA

View Full Version : FSJ: 1986 Grand Wagoneer

Outlaw star
03-31-2016, 07:28 AM
Looking at a project for a family vehicle. Found a decent 1986 Grand Wagoneer 4x4 for a good price from a friend. I kind of miss my old XJ and, no offense to anyone, im not a fan of the H.O. style Xj so was leaning twords the original Jeep Station Wagon. Lol. Anyone else here have one?

4.3LXJ
03-31-2016, 09:53 AM
We had one when I was a kid. Big, and heavy. 5000# if I remember correctly. Used one when I was working for he forest service too. Tended to rattle a lot on washboard roads. Other than that, very solid rig. You can cut the fenders and run 44s in the stock wheel wells without a lift too

bluedragon436
03-31-2016, 10:23 AM
Looking at a project for a family vehicle. Found a decent 1986 Grand Wagoneer 4x4 for a good price from a friend. I kind of miss my old XJ and, no offense to anyone, im not a fan of the H.O. style Xj so was leaning twords the original Jeep Station Wagon. Lol. Anyone else here have one?

I'm offended... :smiley-scared003: Oh wait..... I'm an adult, I don't care... :smiley-laughing021: I think it'd be an awesome family vehicle... and even more so an awesome replacement for an XJ... Was what I was looking for when I had to let my 98 XJ go, was an FSJ to build up.. Look forward to seeing pics of it if you decide to get it and even more so if you build it up...

abebehrmann
03-31-2016, 11:07 AM

I think that sounds like an awesome idea. Just pray that the price of gas stays low, I hear those AMC 360s can be thirsty fellas.

TBH, even though I own a late-model XJ, I secretly like the look of the early model ones a bit better. Don't tell Tony I said that :smiley-scared003:

Outlaw star
03-31-2016, 12:48 PM
Thanks. Its gonna need some work but i plan on a good set of 31" tires max and not much for an off road rig.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

bluedragon436
03-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Thanks. Its gonna need some work but i plan on a good set of 31" tires max and not much for an off road rig.

I remember saying the same thing about both my 98 and my 97 XJ!! LMAO... Either way I think the FSJ will be an awesome route to take!!

Outlaw star
03-31-2016, 12:53 PM
I remember saying the same thing about both my 98 and my 97 XJ!! LMAO... Either way I think the FSJ will be an awesome route to take!!
[emoji28] [emoji106]