PDA

View Full Version : Wiper motor relay ...or not ?

bugsjeep
03-06-2016, 01:58 AM
I have a 90 xj, I am trying to find the reason for my wipers being what seems slow and weak. I have replaced the motor with new (re-man). I am thinking either I have a bad/ corroded plug somewhere or a bad switch or relay. I plan on working this jeep for some time so I don't mind replacing the various equipment as whole assemblies, by that I mean as in the case of the wipers, I will replace motor,switch and relays or relay module and clean or replace blades in plugs. I don't mind because I know now that system is good for years.
My question is, does the 90 xj have for the intermittent wipers an intermittent modual, or just a row of relays?
thank you for your help

slvmart
03-06-2016, 06:01 AM
This is from a '89 WRM :

1) Appears that there is a module for the Intermittent Wiper setup (p4).
2) Here are pages and schematics ...

4.3LXJ
03-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Yes, there is a module for that year. Odly enough, they engineered it so you could remove the module and plug the two plugs together and the wipers still work. Might be something to check

bugsjeep
03-06-2016, 10:29 AM
This is from a '89 WRM :

1) Appears that there is a module for the Intermittent Wiper setup (p4).
2) Here are pages and schematics ...

thank you very much I'll look for it and do some tests..

bugsjeep
03-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Yes, there is a module for that year. Odly enough, they engineered it so you could remove the module and plug the two plugs together and the wipers still work. Might be something to check

Nice, that is good to know, I'll find the module and remove it, see if wipers run better...

4.3LXJ
03-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Little black box stuck with velcro on the panel left of steering column