PDA

View Full Version : Electrical mess

illuminator
03-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Hello, I've installed led front and rear turn signal lights and added one ep27 relay instead of the two stock thermal flashers. It was working gods except the trailer lights wouldn't flash with the parking lights on. I was investigating the relays in the rear quarter panel when I grounded the right turn signal light wire at the rear relay in the quarter panel and the radio cut off, interior lights won't come on, turn signals and flashers don't work. Did I mess it up bad or is there something I'm missing?

XJ Wheeler
03-03-2016, 06:18 PM
I think you should replace the dome light fuse...

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

illuminator
03-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Update:fixed it, it was the dome lamp fuse. Haha Jake that's what I get for telling you before posting.

illuminator
03-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Since I started this thread I might as well ask. Without the parking lamps on the trailer lights work fine but with the peaking lights on the trailer lights won't flash with the blinkers or turn signals. But when I put a test light on the brown wire rear relay in the quarter panel area they work fine. So with the test light everything works without it won't flash. I tried grounding it, read above (oops). So I'm wondering if the added resistance of the test light is fixing it. Do I need to put ep27 relays here too or is there a cheaper way?

illuminator
03-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Jake told me to put up the relay blade number , it's 86. http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/4jeep/2A318D88-AAC4-4D9D-A99C-EAD47FA23E28.jpg (http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/4jeep/media/2A318D88-AAC4-4D9D-A99C-EAD47FA23E28.jpg.html)

Hawkeye-Harris
04-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Since I started this thread I might as well ask. Without the parking lamps on the trailer lights work fine but with the peaking lights on the trailer lights won't flash with the blinkers or turn signals. But when I put a test light on the brown wire rear relay in the quarter panel area they work fine. So with the test light everything works without it won't flash. I tried grounding it, read above (oops). So I'm wondering if the added resistance of the test light is fixing it. Do I need to put ep27 relays here too or is there a cheaper way?

This all sounds too much like a poor ground problem somewhere.

myjeep
04-21-2016, 10:24 AM
check grounds at the trailer lights then look at the hitch ball then the connector for the trailer lights somewhere there is a bad ground.

cpttuna
04-21-2016, 07:10 PM
If need be run a second ground. won't hurt.

illuminator
04-22-2016, 12:50 AM
I was thinking it was a ground as well but after blowing the fuse a few times trying to figure it out. I went to the front side marker lamp and removed the bulb. It works fine now, I don't know why but it fixed it. I put an led bulb in the front side marker and that worked and didn't mess up the trailer lights. Thank God for the idea to remove that bulb because I won't have thought that could do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slvmart
04-22-2016, 04:26 AM
Have you checked if you didn't damage the flasher relay ?

illuminator
04-24-2016, 02:02 PM
Have you checked if you didn't damage the flasher relay ?

It works great now, since I swapped the front side marker for a led bulb.