PDA

View Full Version : Body mods started

NiteDog
02-29-2016, 01:46 AM
About a year ago I joined this forum gearing up for a major rebuild.

Well I began shopping parts and talking with guys who know way more about building frames than I.
Of course working for a living and paying bills gets in the way, so I started buying some
of the stuff I needed for the body mods.

Now I travel for my work and can be on the road up to six weeks at a time making wrench
parties almost impossible.

I started with small things when I would get home. First I removed the rear wiper motor and
cover the hole temporarily with a conduit knockout cap.

After looking at the back of the Cherokee I realized I wanted the big red blob tail lights to go away.
Also I didn't care for the license plate Flapping in the breeze.

The solution was to french them in.
While I was at it, I removed the rear door latch and shave the handle and wiper motor hole.
The third brake light is next.

Got sealed and in primer. I have worked on re-wiring the tailgate to accommodate the new lights
and license plate box. I will be adding a backup camera and backup/blind spot sensors since I have
major blind spots.

Last things to do on this phase is remove the rear bumper, remove the stock tail lights,
install the door poppers, and fill in the tailgate corners

I am just back to work after being out on medical leave for about six months, and of course
I have been on a long assignment. I am chomping at the bit to get home for a while to move it forward.

Mudderoy
02-29-2016, 02:23 AM
Nice job, interested in seeing more. :popcorn:

XJ Wheeler
02-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Definitely a unique project! As a fan of the sport truck world I always like seeing a smoothed panel. And am surely looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
02-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I like this. Hurry up :gitrdun:

blazer2
03-01-2016, 08:09 PM
What ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ he said.

NiteDog
08-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Still working on it. Since last post all I really got done was shop for parts. What little time I have home most of it goes to the "honey do" list.

I did get enough time to make holes in a new bumper and add some lights. Also, I experimented with Dupli-Color's new removable body wrap coating on old light boxes. This keeps the local traffic officer's from having fits until I finish off the tail gate and remove the boxes.

Hopefully I will get some time off to get busy with the rest of the mess.

prerunner1982
08-19-2016, 03:13 PM
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess..."

great progress on the ride.

"I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together."

abebehrmann
08-19-2016, 06:58 PM
"I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess..."

great progress on the ride.

"I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together."

"Keep your stick in the ice"