PDA

View Full Version : Can my front springs compress over time?

dagod16
02-09-2016, 04:08 AM
Everything is tight underneath the front end but I feel like the whole front end is loose in some way. Is it possible the front springs arent expanding as much after 240,000 miles?
Thanks.

4.3LXJ
02-09-2016, 10:05 AM
If your front end feels loose, it probably is. It will be something like worn out bushings or bad shock. Coils can loose their temper, but not likely

abebehrmann
02-09-2016, 10:50 AM
I think Steve is right. Have you ever changed out control arm or track bar bushings? That's what my money would be on.

dagod16
02-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Ive checked everything and it's all tight but something doesn't feel tight underneath. Maybe because I need new tires?

GoneWithTheWind
02-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Are you bottoming out on bumps? My rugged ridge coils lasted about 2 weeks before I started bottoming out on speed bumps. They're laying outside, no refunds on used parts they told me. So if your not bottoming out, is your steering feeling loose? Do you have play in the steering wheel? If you have play in the wheel you could have a steering box going bad. Your a little vague about what's wrong in your front end.

Pyrokid4
02-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Could possibly be if you need tires. I know it sounds really dumb but have your alignment checked. I know when my jeep is out of alignment it feels like things are loose. Being that the tires aren't aligned to each other (in my case it was so off from doing upgrades the tires were turning at completely different angles. And this makes it feel like things are loose)

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

dagod16
02-11-2016, 06:46 AM
I do feel like it has something to do with steering. Some wiggle in steering. Tired have full mileage on them and I just need new tires. Alignment is perfect.

Pyrokid4
02-11-2016, 12:04 PM
I do feel like it has something to do with steering. Some wiggle in steering. Tired have full mileage on them and I just need new tires. Alignment is perfect.
Hmm. If you can have a friend turn the steering wheel while you look at the steering box. There is an aluminum spacer between the frame and the box, if it's cracked , or if the bolts that mount the gearbox are loose, it will allow the box to move and this will present play into the whole steering system.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk