PDA

View Full Version : Just not happy

Joliet Johnny
02-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Went to the local Jeep dealership yesterday to buy a PCV valve and the parts guy was laughing about how many XJs they scrapped for that BS cash for clunkers to buy a Toyota program that George W ran. I mostly blame Generic Motors for that program, make a bunch of poorly made cars that nobody wants and you go bankrupt. Used to be a Pontiac guy but if 4X4 only brands(Jeep) are disallowed Im a Nissan guy now. Its even more aggravating cause I wanted a 1/4 mile car to build and anything interesting seems to have disappeared and if its still around then expect to pay $6k for a solid RWD. But my brother tells me in Florida you can find an 80s Vette around $2k. Guess Ill hunt for a 2WD XJ, ZJ or turbo the Civic I was building for gas mileage. Argh just want a cool car such as a 325, 240, Supra, Firebird, Fiero, G-Body, 300ZX, and 94-96 Impala SS. Im just aggravated and this is more of a rant.

4.3LXJ
02-08-2016, 10:11 AM
You are right, it is hard to find any cool cars in the rust belt. They just disappear. Lots of them in CA and FL

Joliet Johnny
02-08-2016, 10:26 AM
The problem with CA cars is that Salvage title that non emissions passing vehicles get. That is very hard to switch in IL, and good luck getting insurance. Otherwise honestly Id have a 94-95 Pathfinder instead on an XJ, loved my 91 2wd Pathy but there was a really nicely built XJ at work that made me want one, once passed on an 89 on 35s for $100 needing an engine cause I didnt know sheet about XJs, yes kick myself every time I remember I have legs especially when a friend bought it and said the starter was just full of mud. My 99 is my 4WD now and on paper it may change to a -95 to avoid emissions BS and get that Diesel engine that Isuzu or Mercedes made. just want a cool car to match, cant always drive one vehicle you know.

4.3LXJ
02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
If you buy a car with non passing emissions, buy it from a private party. Much cheaper and no one knows then. I have bought several rigs like that

nickyg
02-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Come on down to the Carolinas. We have tons of rust free vehicles, And the best Iced tea you'll ever drink.

Joliet Johnny
02-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Come on down to the Carolinas. We have tons of rust free vehicles, And the best Iced tea you'll ever drink.

Oh NO! NO! NO! Ive had southern Iced tea, you guys make some sugar water solution and at tea colouring to it.

Outlaw star
02-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Oh NO! NO! NO! Ive had southern Iced tea, you guys make some sugar water solution and at tea colouring to it.
Then that wasn't real Southern Iced Tea.