PDA

View Full Version : The king

blazer2
01-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Once upon a time there was a king who wanted to go fishing.*He called the royal weather forecaster and inquired as to the weather*forecast for the next few hours. The weatherman assured him that there was*no chance of rain in the coming days.*So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen.*On the way he met a farmer on his donkey. Upon seeing the king the farmer*said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace at once because in just*a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area".*The king was polite and considerate, he replied: "I hold the palace*meteorologist in high regard. He is an extensively educated and experienced*professional, and I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different*forecast. I trust him and I will continue on my way." So they did.*However, a short time later a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King*and Queen were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them*in such a shameful condition.*Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the*weatherman at once!*Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying*role of royal forecaster.*The farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I*obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping,*it means with certainty that it will rain."*So instead, the King hired the donkey. And thus began the practice of*hiring asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most*influential positions.*

Carves
01-05-2016, 08:03 PM
... at least the first ass hired ... got things right .. :D

blazer2
01-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Lol