PDA

View Full Version : Carpet removal/new liner.

Heaplife
12-14-2015, 03:19 PM
new here. I've got a few questions about removing the carpet. I promise I used the search bar before I made this post but I didn't really find what I was looking for. So that being said, I have a 96xj that I'm working on. I want to remove the carpets completely so I can put plugs in the floor pan for easy cleaning. My question is what's out there as far as liners to reduce the heat and noise that will be easy to clean. And by clean I mean just hose off. Even like a spray or roll on liner will work. I'm not looking to get rid of all the noise and heat (I know I will still have plenty) just looking to reduce it as much as I can. Thanks in advance guys!

abebehrmann
12-14-2015, 03:27 PM
new here. I've got a few questions about removing the carpet. I promise I used the search bar before I made this post but I didn't really find what I was looking for. So that being said, I have a 96xj that I'm working on. I want to remove the carpets completely so I can put plugs in the floor pan for easy cleaning. My question is what's out there as far as liners to reduce the heat and noise that will be easy to clean. And by clean I mean just hose off. Even like a spray or roll on liner will work. I'm not looking to get rid of all the noise and heat (I know I will still have plenty) just looking to reduce it as much as I can. Thanks in advance guys!

No need to worry about posting something that's already been posted, we don't mind here.

On my girlfriend's TJ, we used Monstaliner. It was pretty easy to roll on, and it's held up well for a year so far. Seems to have quieted it down a bit, and it's def cooler than it was, but the transmission tunnel still gets pretty darn hot.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Heaplife
12-14-2015, 03:38 PM
No need to worry about posting something that's already been posted, we don't mind here.

On my girlfriend's TJ, we used Monstaliner. It was pretty easy to roll on, and it's held up well for a year so far. Seems to have quieted it down a bit, and it's def cooler than it was, but the transmission tunnel still gets pretty darn hot.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Awesome. I'll definitely look into that. Thanks!