PDA

View Full Version : 94 xj 2wd convert to 4wd

HB2RVR
12-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Hi guys, I happened to get lucky to score a prestine 94 xj unfortunately its 2wd I currently have a 92 4wd that I was planning on installing a built dana 44 out of a 87 xj and beefing up the front dana 35. Has anyone done this conversion ..how easy or how difficult and any concerns or things to be aware of?

Thanks

abebehrmann
12-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Hi guys, I happened to get lucky to score a prestine 94 xj unfortunately its 2wd I currently have a 92 4wd that I was planning on installing a built dana 44 out of a 87 xj and beefing up the front dana 35. Has anyone done this conversion ..how easy or how difficult and any concerns or things to be aware of?

Thanks

I've never done it, but a friend of mine back in Florida has. He told me it's very straight forward but best to have a donor 4x4 so you have all the smaller pieces. Basically all you need to swap over are the transmission, transfer case, front axle, driveshafts, and linkages. Everything should be bolt in, and I'm told all needed electrical connectors on the wiring harness for 4wd are there on the 2wd, just don't have anything hooked up to them.

HB2RVR
12-09-2015, 04:30 PM
That is what I was thinking .... good news is that I have a donor 4wd that I will be swapping from end, tranny, Np231 and all and any linkage......

Thanks