PDA

View Full Version : You can hate guns...

Mudderoy
12-08-2015, 05:30 AM
You can hate guns, nothing wrong with that, however please don't think they are the reason for high murder rates.

https://youtu.be/pELwCqz2JfE

denverd1
12-09-2015, 04:09 PM
scary situation we're in with NObama and all these shootings. May buy a few ARs just sit on. Should be worth $3000 in a year. Better re-up my NRA membership as well

abebehrmann
12-09-2015, 04:58 PM
You can hate guns, nothing wrong with that, however please don't think they are the reason for high murder rates.

https://youtu.be/pELwCqz2JfE

You are correct sir. From what I've been able to surmise, murder rate seems to most closely follow rates of poverty. Look at the cities with the highest murder rate and they also have very high numbers of people living below the poverty line. Which I guess isn't very surprising, when you're poor and don't have much hope of pulling yourself out of it, a possibly lucrative life of crime doesn't seem so bad. One reason why I support a living wage and try not to support businesses like Walmart who don't pay there workers enough.

4.3LXJ
12-09-2015, 05:29 PM
You will also notice a correlation between excessive gun control and murder rates. Like Chicago, D.C., Baltimore etc.

denverd1
12-09-2015, 11:23 PM
You are correct sir. From what I've been able to surmise, murder rate seems to most closely follow rates of poverty. Look at the cities with the highest murder rate and they also have very high numbers of people living below the poverty line. Which I guess isn't very surprising, when you're poor and don't have much hope of pulling yourself out of it, a possibly lucrative life of crime doesn't seem so bad. One reason why I support a living wage and try not to support businesses like Walmart who don't pay there workers enough.
What's a "living wage"? Understand you to mean that a man can make a living doing his job. Right?

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

denverd1
12-09-2015, 11:40 PM
I love how France is raiding mosques and finding huge stockpiles of guns and ammo

abebehrmann
12-10-2015, 09:03 AM
What's a "living wage"? Understand you to mean that a man can make a living doing his job. Right?

Exactly, places that pay their employees enough that they don't still qualify for government assistance while working 40+ hours per week. I like Costco and Aldi over Walmart because they pay their employees a living wage, attract better workers, keep their workers longer, and still have great prices.

Joliet Johnny
12-10-2015, 10:01 AM
I dont know why they dont just pass a law that says its illegal to shoot people? Maybe we need a law that says we cant kill people. I know the laws that give us those safe gun free zones work cause nobody ever brings a gun in there. Laws work and prevent law abiding citizens from doing bad things. I think time is spent better making laws that require gas guzzling vehicles like Jeeps to be painted red and gas not using vehicles like my Civic with no engine it it green.

Mudderoy
12-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Good conversation, thanks for joining in!

slvmart
12-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Went shopping yesterday, with the son. AR15's are selling like hot cakes and few on the shelf, in our area. He managed to pick up a Colt, last one in stock at the local Cabelas. I picked up a Henry 357 Steel Big Boy.

Obama ... the top Gun Salesman for the past 7 years running !