PDA

View Full Version : How's your Jeep handle?

NC_Xplorer
11-22-2015, 11:43 AM
So I am done with my lift and fender flare install. I know it needs an alignment. So how much difference in handling should I expect now that the center of gravity is higher and there is no rear anti-sway bar? When I drove it today, it feels like it wants to wander on me. Sometimes if I hit a bump, the rear end seems to shift to one side. Is this normal since the new suspension hasn't settled yet? Everything is tight and torqued to spec.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
11-22-2015, 06:29 PM
So I am done with my lift and fender flare install. I know it needs an alignment. So how much difference in handling should I expect now that the center of gravity is higher and there is no rear anti-sway bar? When I drove it today, it feels like it wants to wander on me. Sometimes if I hit a bump, the rear end seems to shift to one side. Is this normal since the new suspension hasn't settled yet? Everything is tight and torqued to spec.

Mine didn't come with rear sway bar from the factory. I can do 90 degree turns at 30 mph. You might be experiencing the placebo effect.

NC_Xplorer
11-22-2015, 07:50 PM
I believe I have found the problem, I took the XJ out of the garage and parked it on the street to straighten the steering wheel to the front tires. It was then that I noticed my axle was not centered. I took some measurements and found my axle was 1.5 inches too much to the passenger side. Got my tools out and centered it up. Gotta love adjustable track bars!
Took it back out for a spin and it drives much better now.

cantab27
11-22-2015, 08:26 PM
pic time then ....

NC_Xplorer
11-22-2015, 09:05 PM

bluedragon436
11-23-2015, 03:51 AM
Good looking rig Bryan!! The lift, rims & tires look good on there.. and was almost about to ask if axle was completely even side to side... cause mine when I first did the lift and trac bar install, I didn't get a chance to really adjust the trac bar, until about four days later... and the drive to my house from my friends shop where I installed the lift and trac bar was a dangerous ride, like you were referring... but after adjusting my trac bar a bit, it seemed to definitely help...