PDA

View Full Version : Passenger door lock rod clip installation

tucsonjeep
11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi,
My passenger door handle (1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport) quit working from the outside (works from inside). I have taken the door apart and found the plastic clip on a short metal rod is broken and the rod no longer attaches to the door lock/handle mechanism. Any help with finding this clip (part J005532- or 4658677) I already tried Jeep factory parts, no longer available. Also any help on replacing the clip it looks tight.
Tucson Jeep

4.3LXJ
11-18-2015, 12:13 PM
I get mine at the pick and pull. Most of them will let you have it for the price of admission

tucsonjeep
11-19-2015, 06:04 PM
I was able to purchase the clips (new) at Team Cherokee (Teamcherokee.com). They were reasonably priced at $4.98 but shipping was high $12.99. I will repost once I receive them and verify they fit.

bluedragon436
11-20-2015, 05:48 AM
All my clips are in good condition on mine still, and I have a few spares... and have been thinking of canning some off of the only 01 that is in the JY this coming weekend.. now if I could just figure out why I can unlock the doors just fine from outside when the inside forward door lock tabs are not connected... but when I connect them back, I can't lock the doors from inside or using the key... I've tried everything I can to fix this issue, and have had no luck on it... Thinking about trying to pull the door latch portion of the locks on the 01 in the JY as well as the rods connecting them... and see fi that'll help elevate the situation I'm having..

autotech98
12-05-2015, 12:05 PM
They are a pain...had that problem when i replaced my window motor. Found rod was slightly bent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

bluedragon436
12-05-2015, 12:44 PM
They are a pain...had that problem when i replaced my window motor. Found rod was slightly bent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yeah that was what I was figuring.. have tried to straighten them back or adjust them back to where I assume they should be, with no real remedy... so I can only lock/unlock using the key or the power locks for now...