PDA

View Full Version : Barnwell Mountian

OrangeXJ
11-18-2015, 10:10 AM
If anyone is interested the group I hang with is going to Barnwell Mountain off road park Thanksgiving weekend. We will be there Fri the 27th thru Sun the 29th. It will be mostly TJ's and JK's and maybe my son's old XJ ( if the broken axle is fixed from the last time it was there ) all jeeps are welcome. I've never been there but hear it's a real nice place to wheel.

http://barnwellmountainra.com/

XJ Wheeler
11-19-2015, 12:05 AM
Was there a bit over ten years back. Really nice place then. Great trails, well built. Didn't do it then but take video if you do the "airstrip". :D

Wish I could make it though. Jeep is going under the knife though...

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

OrangeXJ
11-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Looking at the weather forecast don't look like this is going to happen 40-70% chance of rain the whole weekend. We have a back up plan to go to Hidden falls off road park in Marble falls but the forecast there in the same.

abebehrmann
11-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Let me know if you guys end up going another weekend. I just realized I'm only ~2.5hours from Barnwell Mountain and it's been months since I last went off road.

denverd1
11-20-2015, 11:53 AM
getting some work done this weekend. happy your postponing the ride. weekend rain has been a regular thing up here for at least a month. Its getting really old

OrangeXJ
11-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Let me know if you guys end up going another weekend. I just realized I'm only ~2.5hours from Barnwell Mountain and it's been months since I last went off road.

If we don't go that weekend the next trip will be between Christmas and new years. I just got back from the jeep shop where we hang and if the forecast does not change we aren't going. I know I'm not. Not into cold wet and mud.