PDA

View Full Version : Hey You! that have done injector swaps I have questions!!

Rlpetty43
11-12-2015, 08:36 AM
so over thanksgiving I am planning on pulling my intake off my 91xj 4.0 to gain better access to the freeze plugs to install a block heater. Anyway since I have the intake off I am considering doing a fuel injector swap. So what I am wanting is advice from those that have been there done that. Was it worth it, what did you use, what drama did you have and any other input you folks have? thanks up front folks!!!

bluedragon436
11-12-2015, 08:54 AM
I'm guessing by intake swap you're referring to the 99+IM swap?? Wanting to do the 99+ IM swap as well as install some rebuilt 4 hole injectors I got. I just got to get a new header to replace the factory cracked one I have currently.. I will say when you pull the manifolds, make sure you get a good clean surface before installing new gasket, and use anti seize on the bolt/studs

Rlpetty43
11-12-2015, 11:39 AM
I may have not been super clear (I should have proof read a bit more). I'm going to have the intake off to gain better access to the freeze plugs. while I have the intake off I am pondering swapping the injectors to a four hole style. my question is changing to the different injectors worth it is there a noticeable difference, what headaches did one run into while doing the injector swap and so on?

Rlpetty43
11-12-2015, 11:51 AM
I edited my original post maybe it will make more since now.

Mudderoy
11-12-2015, 01:24 PM
I may have not been super clear (I should have proof read a bit more). I'm going to have the intake off to gain better access to the freeze plugs. while I have the intake off I am pondering swapping the injectors to a four hole style. my question is changing to the different injectors worth it is there a noticeable difference, what headaches did one run into while doing the injector swap and so on?

I did it on my 98, twice! Notice ZERO difference. :(

It's easy to do, I would just be careful with the "o" rings, and really it would be best to replace them.

Rlpetty43
11-13-2015, 08:18 AM
thanks I may just skip it then.

Mudderoy
11-13-2015, 08:39 AM
thanks I may just skip it then.

I've heard various reports, I'm just reporting what happened to me. Might want to get a little more input from others before dumping the idea.