PDA

View Full Version : Recalls

prerunner1982
11-12-2015, 07:57 AM
Just in case you are curious if there are any open recalls for your Jeep... newly acquired or not, go here (http://recalls.mopar.com/) and enter your VIN.

I found that I have 2 open on my 97 XJ, one of which I am currently having problems with. Unfortunately they don't show a recall I was hoping for, having to do with a rattling catalytic converter.

bluedragon436
11-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Have been thinking about checking into this as well.. I know one recall that everyone could be under is the installation of rear tow hitch for protection of fuel tank!! LOL... The catalytic converter you could easily replace.. I replaced the one on my 98 with a "bolt on" part from AZ, was pretty darn easy at that.. Ran far better and had a nicer sound to the exhaust after changing it out.. have been thinking about replacing the one on my 97 too, as I already have to replace the cracked header, and have been wanting to do the same 2.5" flow master 40 series exhaust I had on my 98.. Figure might as well replace the cat and have a completely new exhaust..