PDA

View Full Version : Welcome whosINAxj!!!

XJ Wheeler
10-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi whosINAxj, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

whosINAxj
10-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome,
I just recently bought a XJ I used to be a Nissan Pathfinder guy. I got tired of special one off fitting and having to use other manufactures parts on my Rig. I decided to buy a XJ because I was pricing and sourcing parts for a straight axel swap on my pathfinder and Decided to say NM. I loved how the WD21 Pathfinder is a body on frame vehicle. The parts are Crazy expensive like rear end gears are $900. bucks Transfer case low range gears are 1200. the motor is bullet proof but I lacks the straight axels that I need in my life.

I'm looking to build a small tire 33" trail truck that I can load up the dog and the wife and hit the trail for a few nights. I want a pop up tent on the roof and
air lockers or cable haven't made up my mind yet but on board air sounds like a good idea.

Ya I'm just a bay area kid that loves cars. I have E30 canyon car, xj for trails and off-roading, Yukon XL for the long trips and tow rig. 5.0 street/strip drag car a mini tub 4 link rear mercury capri drag strip car.

Looking forward to getting some knowledge from all of you guys on this board. :beer:
Have a good one

whosINAxj is a play on my real name which is Julio.
Peace :xj-yellow:

XJ Wheeler
10-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Love the list of rides you have! (pics sure would be nice! :D )

Now that you mention it i haven't seen many pathfinders in the junkyard i frequent either. You'll love XJs for that though. Parts everywhere and enough for just about every budget... except none like mine :rolleyes:

Did you get one already or still searching?

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

whosINAxj
10-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Yes I have 89 xj with a roof rack.
I have replaced the water pump, serp belt , rear drum cylinders front upper and lower ball joints and have gotten the truck smoged,She still sits in the drive way next to my wife's XB. waiting on her paper work to finish being processed.
will post some pics when I get home.

XJ Wheeler
10-26-2015, 08:32 PM
Sweet! Sounds like you're going for the expedition type rig. Some pretty cool stuff out there for researching what you want with that kind of setup. Always been fond of then myself. I'm the kind of guy that likes to be prepared and that fits into that frame of mind. :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
10-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Welcome Julio. Sounds like you have it mapped out. One word of caution though, the 89 rear end unless you have the Dana 44 is not a good one for a selectable locker. But you can upgrade cheap to a 97+ Chrysler 8.25 cheap. Local pick and pull near me sells them for $100

whosINAxj
10-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Welcome Julio. Sounds like you have it mapped out. One word of caution though, the 89 rear end unless you have the Dana 44 is not a good one for a selectable locker. But you can upgrade cheap to a 97+ Chrysler 8.25 cheap. Local pick and pull near me sells them for $100

* how can u tell if u have the Dana 44 vs. the other axel's?
I do know that my rear end has a bolt on cover so I think its the Dana35 possibly? There is an ID tag on it but I thought is was the gear ratio so I stopped worrying about it after I saw the bolt on the cover.. LOL
*you referred a 97+ Chrysler 8.25, what kind of Chrysler should I be looking for? passenger car?

Thanks

GoneWithTheWind
10-27-2015, 12:46 AM
here's a link that might help sort out a few differentials.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/154-1109-jeep-cherokee-axle-guide/

4.3LXJ
10-27-2015, 10:57 AM
No, get the Cherokee 8.25. It will be a bolt in. They finally upgraded the rear axle then

whosINAxj
10-27-2015, 11:49 AM
I will be o the look out for a 97+ Cherokee rear axel.
not the grand Cherokee?Thanks

4.3LXJ
10-27-2015, 11:56 AM
No, has to be an XJ axle