PDA

View Full Version : Lifting my 2000 XJ

Bojack67
10-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Hello, Im new here and I've ran into a problem with my XJ. Im trying to remove the leaf springs so I can add the add a leaf but im unable to budge the front bolt on the leaf spring. I've used an impact socket and still cant budge it! Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else ever run into this problem?
Thanks,
Bojack67

4.3LXJ
10-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Take it easy on yourself. If you are just adding a leaf or making a full bastard pack, you do not have to remove the main leaf. Take the spring apart, use a new center bolt and reassemble the spring without removing the main. It is faster and easier that way anyway

BlackYeti
10-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Hello, Im new here and I've ran into a problem with my XJ. Im trying to remove the leaf springs so I can add the add a leaf but im unable to budge the front bolt on the leaf spring. I've used an impact socket and still cant budge it! Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else ever run into this problem?
Thanks,
Bojack67
If I were you, I would avoid that bolt all together and build the pack with the main leaf attached already.
Just like Steve said.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

packmule1911
10-23-2015, 10:55 AM
If I were you, I would avoid that bolt all together and build the pack with the main leaf attached already.
Just like Steve said.

Awesome! I'm getting ready to do the S-10 thing, and was going to take the whole spring out. Thanks for this nugget of great advice.